Rise of Iron - Day 1 (XB1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rise of Iron - Day 1 (XB1)

Post by Air7Cav on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:07 am

Whoa!   Shocked  Shocked   Best sums up all of what happened and what's new. This drop will keep us busy for a long time. Highest game level is 385. Nightfall requires 360 to even play.

Thanks to Miller and Civil for letting me run the story with them (even though I was barely keeping up).   Wink   Story was relatively short but intense. Plaguelands (Earth) seemed to open up a whole new world to explore. In addition, sum old crucible maps were incorporated in the story in an interesting way. But there is a lot of new terrain and enemies (Fallen on steroids) to play with. What I found interesting was that most of the battles seemed to be 360-fights .... they were everywhere and in large numbers. Kool!!   Very Happy   

Scoop on the Gallies - if you preordered you get a Gallie (Value 3) that appears in the PO but you can't use it. You can fuse it to upgrade but it has to be unlocked later on. In addition, you can run the Gallie Quest and get a new Gallie at Value 350 once you complete it. So in the end, I have 2 Gallies early on; which was great for me since I have 2 characters. [Going to run my second character through the story today so I may end up with 3 Gallies - we'll see.] Now about the Gallie quest .... it took forever!!  Mad  Seemed like the new quest steps and additional quests just kept coming. You think you got there and something new would be added to the mix. (Some internet research will be required.  Wink  )  But it was worth it. BTW - preorder rewards are per account to chose your lead-off character accordingly.

Watch out for missteps in your progress, i.e. I ran through the entire story with Miller and Civil and come to discover that I wasn't given credit for it all (last three missions) even though I got all of the rewards, etc.  So I became team leader and we redid the missing missions and I finally got credit. This is important because certain quests won't drop unless you get the credit for completing the story. This was how we were able to finally start the Gallie "walk-about".

Everything is ranked up now. Blue engrams and higher now drop starting at 320. The value of engrams and rewards are based upon your light level. (My Titan was below 320 so I saw 320+ drops whereas Miller and Civil were in the 340s and saw much higher drops.) So initially you feel compelled to not indiscriminately throw away engrams as you will do a lot of fusing. But watch your Legendary Marks and Exotic Shards as they become real valuable now. All vendors at the Temple and Tower now offer higher value wpns and gear. Haven't checked out the Reef yet. Picked up a lot of new consumables and have no idea what they are for ... more to follow.

Temple is the new "Tower". Lord Saladin holds the Speaker's role. Interesting layout and all the stuff you need, i.e. vendors, vault, PO, "cryptarch", etc. You will still need to go to the Tower for various things still, i.e. Commanders, factions, etc. Waiting to see where Xur shows up and what he has. New Iron Bounties can be found at the Temple. Not sure how to complete those yet. Vanguard bounties are still available and can be completed in the Plaguelands as appropriate.

Lots to see and do. cheers

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rise of Iron - Day 1 (XB1)

Post by S7 COOP on Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:21 am

Having a great time with this new DLC. I have gone from 304 light to 347 light in just two days of gameplay. We ran about 5 350 light strikes and it didn't count towards our rise of iron book in our progress menu, so we still aren't sure what's going on there. Let me tell you they were tough, especially with arc damage increased. Hopefully once i get to 350 i'll be able to help Miller and Civil out a little more.

S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:32 am

Ding- 357! Still learning a lot about the events in the plague lands, but found doing the new strike on 320 is a nice quick way to level up (taking it you have a lot of legendary marks).

~mrmiller

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:07 pm

So me and some people did the raid last night and it was quite difficult. Especially since the recommended light is 370 and most of us were around 340-350. We got through the first two chests and the third one pretty much stopped us. Still fun, after quite a few attempts on the second chest we unlocked something in our Rise of Iron book so it helped level that up for us!

S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top