Battleborne beta

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Battleborne beta

Post by S7 mrmiller on Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:39 pm

The Battleborne open beta is live now, and it is really cool. You can choose a lot of the characters and play the campaign or multiplayer. It looks like you can even party up and co-op. I'm really liking this game so far. It's doing what a beta should do in addition to finding the bugs- generating buzz and making me want to buy the game.

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battleborne beta

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:30 pm

What's the premise of the game? I've been too busy with the Division to really look at anything else.

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:15 am

DeadSockPuppet wrote:What's the premise of the game?  I've been too busy with the Division to really look at anything else.

From the website:

A tremendous band of badass heroes fight to protect the universe's very last star from a mysterious evil in this next-gen shooter by the creators of Borderlands. To defend it, you'll need to utilize every type of character and weapon you've ever imagined -- from cyborg hawkmen to samurai vampires to mini-gun wielding man-mountains. Slash and parry, run and gun, cast and dash, or simply obliterate foes all while building and growing your personal team of heroes. Choose your hero and fight alone or co-operatively alongside friends in story missions, or battle against them in fast-paced competitive multiplayer matches.

Battleborn Heroes
Battleborn has a deep roster of 25 playable heroes and no two are the same. Every hero has their own personality and comes equipped with their own unique weapons and powers.

Story Mode
Battleborn's Story Mode is a narrative experience that can be played entirely singleplayer, and is even better when it's played cooperatively with friends both splitscreen and online.

Multiplayer
Battleborn's team-based competitive multiplayer action can be experienced by up to 10 players online in 5v5 matches, and includes three distinct multiplayer modes.
•Incursion
Teams of heroes must defend their base from waves of AI-controlled minions while working together alongside their own minions to destroy their opponent's base.
•Capture
Teams of heroes face off in a fast-paced death match and must capture and hold objectives on the map to win.
•Meltdown
Teams of heroes must guide their minions as they march to their death at the center of the map. Points are scored for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator, and the team with the most points wins.

Persistent Progression System
All experience points, whether earned through playing Battleborn's Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer modes, contribute to leveling up individual Character Rank, as well as player profile Command Rank.
•Character Rank
Each hero can permanently rank up from 1 to 15 outside of missions and matches, allowing players to unlock additional augments in their helix skill tree, as well as additional skins for each character.
•Command Rank
Players can rank up their own player profile, unlocking badges and titles to impress friends, and loot that can be used to benefit any hero the player chooses to command.

Helix System
Battleborn's accelerated character growth system allows players to level-up a character from 1 to 10 and fully experience each hero's unique weapons and powers in a single story mission or multiplayer match.

Even better- watch this:

I didn't really know anything about this game until the Beta, now I'm hooked.

~mrmiller

Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Good deal, thanks for the info Matt!

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:16 pm

So, I haven't seen much beyond TV ads. Buuut, Overwatch and Battleborn = basically the same thing yeah?

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Not according to some. They look similar to me, but I have not played Overwatch. I'm not sure there is any co-op or single player in Overwatch, and that is what I really liked about Battleborne. That and the Borderlands style humor. Seriously, watch the video I linked above- it's worth the watch.

Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:09 pm

AtrumX wrote:So, I haven't seen much beyond TV ads. Buuut, Overwatch and Battleborn = basically the same thing yeah?

after playing both i agree with this

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:26 pm

It's strange they're releasing so close together with their similarities. Like, I feel like both studios got a pitch for the game, one of them said no - heard the other decided to do it, and they both just made the game.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top