Campaign completed- Spolier thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Campaign completed- Spolier thread

Post by S7 mrmiller on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:15 pm

I stayed up way to late last night and finished the campaign solo on normal. I can see why the negative tinted reviews for the game are most all around the campaign. I liked it for the most part, but this most definitely wouldn't work as an entry point it Halo. I'd go as far to say as you have to be into halo quite s bit to understand what is happening, not just a casual fan. The only real problem I have is that I'm fully OK with cliffhangers, but at least finish the story you are telling and leave me hanging on what comes next. It just builds up to what is Cortana up to, then ends leaving you wondering the same. Plus the big bad in the Warden was fine, but he doesn't need to be essentially the only boss fight over and over, and if so he even has the same mechanics. Plus it is really short. I would guess it took maybe 10 hours. So while I liked it while playing, it seems more like half a game and just not up to the standards of Halo for me.

Besides the Wardens repetitiveness, the other enemies could have been mixed up some more as well. I miss the brutes, and where are the dragonfly guys and other covenant species? Just add some graphical variation, even if the game play is about the same. Without the abundance of human casualties, I didn't get good use of the human weapons and never was a big fan of the covenant ones (I do like the forerunner stuff). The only other game play issue I had was the 4 man squad. Of course that works good for the co-op, but it really felt forced when it was with both squads. The chief most definitely could have been done by himself, and IMO would have made a much better game as he went off to be Cortanas savior.

With all that said it was really fun. Voice acting was spot on for all the characters and added quite a bit to the story. The level variation from close quarters to wide open outdoor spaces, varying vehicle combat (the Titan was cool), and the flat out beauty of the alien worlds and ships kept me fully entertained.

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Campaign completed- Spolier thread

Post by Spartan of Now on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:42 pm

I thought it was too easy, too redundant, and just too.... you know... forced? I liked the Cortana assuming the mantle bit due to my interest in the lore, but if she could handle the warden so easily why didn't she earlier? And they didn't give enough depth as to why they thought Cortana was dangerous enough to send Osiris to help Blue Team. That being said the commentary was hilarious. Anyone notice how ridiculously funny the grunts are? Some of their conversation and data pads were awesome!! I laughed really really hard at them. All in all, clearly a stepping stone but multiplayer so far is awesome so there is always that Smile

Spartan of Now

GamerTag : Spartan of Now

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:23 pm

So, every Halo has its big dramatic chase scene.

How'd you guys like the epic sprint down the changing structure?
On Legendary it was pretty intense. Especially at 4am after 7 hours of play xD

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:36 am

i like how twisted they made into the story let see were the next 2 games go from there lol

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:33 am

Brother and I just finished the campaign on Legendary.  Was pretty rough because the other two allies on the team, who were AI, are absolute trash.  I get downed "Hey, I need help", and they just stand nearby and watch me die or they simple take their sweet time getting to me.  The campaign looks like it would be a b1tch to play through on Legendary solo for the achievement.  The fight against the three wardens was hard enough with me, my brother, and two stupid AIs.

As far as the campaign story, I feel like I'd need to watch Nightfall, maybe read up on some of the newer books to better understand the beginning.  I went in not knowing who Osiris Team was at all, so I felt a bit lost.  Thankfully I knew enough to know who Fred, Linda and Kelly were and was excited to see them come to the videogame.  One of the main problems I had is that Master Chief is the staple of Halo and I really wanted to play more Blue Team missions, but Osiris Team was definitely taking the spotlight.

Last edited by Xpert2010 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Current Xbox Game(s):
Current PC Game(s): Tales of Zestiria
Current 3DS Game(s):
Current Wii U Game(s):

Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:57 am

Graphics were great and the way Locke and his team looked made me want another Mass Effect game. Lol definly short and a bit odd but it was fun.

Clan Founder

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Out of curiosity, has anyone not read the books or not read up on Blue Team and some of the surrounding history behind the games?

Just knowing MCs history with Blue team makes it quite a bit more interesting of a game.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:31 pm

No havnt read any of it.

Clan Founder

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:45 pm

Ahh, gotcha. As an FYI, Blue team (MC, Fred, Kelly, Linda) were all part of the group of children selected to be Spartan IIs together. Basically kidnapped, sent away to training, did hundreds of missions, etc.
They're "pretty much" the surviving spartans from that group.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:30 am

I found it pretty entertaining but mostly for the story rather than the actual levels. Some were good but I don't think there was every really an properly 'epic', large scale battles that felt like the ones from earlier halo series.

Also disliked the warden stuff, would have preffered it if he just got harder or some new skills than just the same old crap. FWIW I've only done a solo run through on Heroic.

All in all, pretty much seems like it's just setup for another trilogy.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:57 pm

Halo 9: The Promethean Awakening..coming 2019!
Guess what? I've already pre-ordered and downloaded Razz

S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:53 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
Also disliked the warden stuff, would have preffered it if he just got harder or some new skills than just the same old crap. FWIW I've only done a solo run through on Heroic.

I actually wrote something similar on their survey they sent out. Sure the Warden fights got more difficult as they added more wardens...

I was really hoping for some massive scale battles, or a big/cool boss at the end with a dramatic flight scene to end it.
Running down the collapsing structure was cool, but the ending was somewhat meh.

As others have said, it's trilogy setup. Still would have liked to spend 30 minutes getting killed in mongeese driving through a blowing up ship or something.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Overall I thought the the story was kinda weak. I agree with miller on pretty much everything. I disliked how the made the blue teams attitude towards master chief.

S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:55 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:Overall I thought the  the story was kinda weak. I agree with miller on pretty much everything. I disliked how the made the blue teams attitude towards master chief.

You mean actual blue team (MC and the original Spartans)? Or do you mean Locke and his buddies (Osiris Team)? Didn't really see an issue with either. Blue team are gonna be together to the end and Osiris team aren't 'real' Spartans, they're just doing their jobs - besides, MC isn't the best as dealing with emotion, so it's very plausible he could be manipulated that way... and to an extent, he was.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top