Xbox Kings Fall Raid

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Xbox Kings Fall Raid

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:40 am

Hey Atrum do you know where the 5 raid specific Calcified Fragments are located?  We might as well grab those if possible during the run as well.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:04 pm

I haven't gotten them all, but I'll repost my links. The bottom link has the locations:

*** SPOILERS Below, in videos ***

Warpriest (First Encounter)
https://youtu.be/TSMv3rDBgB4

Golgoroth (2nd Encounter)
https://youtu.be/3U1OnA77ktU

Daughters and Oryx (final fight)
https://youtu.be/ZMwUgwiWN88

Finally, here is a video with the calcified fragement and chest locations:
https://youtu.be/CMMRnFhQ2_U

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:47 pm

The one thing I've noticed through watching these videos is that none of them seem that "hard" but will require a LOT of coordination and attention to what's going on.  Not a whole lot of room for doing your own thing.  As it will be fairly late playing for me I hope I can keep my concentration up long enough, lol.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:33 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:The one thing I've noticed through watching these videos is that none of them seem that "hard" but will require a LOT of coordination and attention to what's going on.  Not a whole lot of room for doing your own thing.  As it will be fairly late playing for me I hope I can keep my concentration up long enough, lol.

Very true, everyone needs a role and needs to stick to it. PS4 group seems to do a lot of groups of 2-3 for fights or if we do solo stuff there tends to be 1-2 rovers. Did you guys try running last night?

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:53 pm

DeadSockPuppet wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:The one thing I've noticed through watching these videos is that none of them seem that "hard" but will require a LOT of coordination and attention to what's going on.  Not a whole lot of room for doing your own thing.  As it will be fairly late playing for me I hope I can keep my concentration up long enough, lol.

Very true, everyone needs a role and needs to stick to it.  PS4 group seems to do a lot of groups of 2-3 for fights or if we do solo stuff there tends to be 1-2 rovers.  Did you guys try running last night?

Yeah, we played for a couple hours and only managed to get the first boss down but it was fun.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:34 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
DeadSockPuppet wrote:

Very true, everyone needs a role and needs to stick to it.  PS4 group seems to do a lot of groups of 2-3 for fights or if we do solo stuff there tends to be 1-2 rovers.  Did you guys try running last night?

Yeah, we played for a couple hours and only managed to get the first boss down but it was fun.

It's funny cause Warpriest actually gave us the most trouble of any boss last night (not counting Oryx). We'd have him down good most rounds and then all kinds of hell would break loose and we wipe.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:36 pm

The struggle with Warpriest usually came from Vin, Telcon, or myself getting the buff and then either running away from the group (stopping DPS) or we'd forget to kill ads, lose the buff, and screw everything up.

Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:58 am

Yeah, we did great on Warpriest. Only took around 5 tries.

Golgoroth we didn't even really attempt. Reggie was having power issues and we had replaced him with a random from destinylfg who ditched after the maze.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiptongang6 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:22 am

So know that the raid resets on Tuesday when are we going to try this again. I know that this is going to be hard but is it possible to try it on Tuesday so that way we have the rest of week to try to complete it instead of trying to do it in 2 long days your thoughts

tiptongang6
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : tiptongang6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:32 pm

tiptongang6 wrote:So know that the raid resets on Tuesday when are we going to try this again.  I know that this is going to be hard but is it possible to try it on Tuesday so that way we have the rest of  week to try to complete it instead of trying to do it in 2 long days  your thoughts

I don't know about the rest of you but I can't do it during the week with a starting time as late as that.  I don't have any issues with running it during the week but unless it's done much earlier then you'll have to find a replacement.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:40 pm

Golgaroth is where we stopped my first time. This week we got all the way to the Oryx fight. Zak and Kenny had a good strat for Golgaroth that only took a couple runs to complete.

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Also, like was mentioned the other night, I would strongly advise the use of sniper rifles and machine guns in place of fusion rifles/rocket launchers/etc...during the raid.  Not only will you get WAY more DPS on bosses getting sniper crits, you don't have to worry about blowing yourself up by accident when everybody is grouped up trying to down the boss.  As seen the other night we need all the firepower we can get.

In addition, if your weapons are less than 295'ish you are hurting yourself and the team with low damage.

I don't mean to be one of those "elitist" type guys, but if we're going to be serious about wanting to do this raid then we need to be set up for it.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Here's a decent workup a guy did with some damage testing.

First number is how many light levels you are below the light level your enemy is set at (Oryx being 300).  Second number is the modifier on how much less damage you are doing if your weapon is that much lower than your enemy.

For instance...if I have a 295 weapon I am -5 light levels lower than Oryx, meaning I'll be doing 13% less damage than if I had a LL300 weapons.  The dropoff is very significant.

-1 0.974
-2 0.948
-3 0.922
-4 0.896
-5 0.87
-6 0.844
-7 0.818
-8 0.792
-9 0.766
-10 0.7403
-11 0.7283
-12 0.7163
-13 0.7043
-14 0.6923
-15 0.6803
-16 0.6683
-17 0.6563
-18 0.6443
-19 0.6323
-20 0.621
-21 0.6145
-22 0.608
-23 0.6015
-24 0.595
-25 0.5885
-26 0.582
-27 0.5755
-28 0.569
-29 0.5625
-30 0.5533
-31 0.5527
-32 0.5521
-33 0.5515
-34 0.5509
-35 0.5503
-36 0.5497
-37 0.5491
-38 0.5485
-39 0.5479
-40 0

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:42 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
DeadSockPuppet wrote:

My bad - I held everyone up. $100K plus of your tax dollars went into training me to fly and fight sophisticated multi-million dollar atk helos and I can't jump around randomly floating spaceships.  Sad Sad   SPOILER ALERT - old age sucks.  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Air7Cav wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
DeadSockPuppet wrote:

My bad - I held everyone up. $100K plus of your tax dollars went into training me to fly and fight sophisticated multi-million dollar atk helos and I can't jump around randomly floating spaceships.  Sad Sad   SPOILER ALERT - old age sucks.  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

LOL, that was one of the most fun parts of the night man!

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:05 pm

I have been in several raid groups over the last year and even a good bit just on this new raid. I like running it, I like helping others and sometime I just like looking around for stuff. After all this time I have come to the realization that approximately 1 out of every 6 guardians CAN NOT jump.

Every raid. Every time. 1 guy always has trouble jumping lol. It's a terrible epidemic. 1/6th the population!!

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I have been in several raid groups over the last year and even a good bit just on this new raid.  I like running it, I like helping others and sometime I just like looking around for stuff.  After all this time I have come to the realization that approximately 1 out of every 6 guardians CAN NOT jump.

Every raid.  Every time.  1 guy always has trouble jumping lol.  It's a terrible epidemic. 1/6th the population!!  

And I wasn't the last one across this last weekend. Speaking of looking around, there's supposedly a secret room in the second jump puzzle with the pistons. Nobody's sure exactly what the room is for, but playing around in it gets the team a buff that might be useable for a hard mode of the raid (the current speculation).

http://kotaku.com/destiny-players-discover-secret-raid-room-that-nobody-c-1734674425

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:09 pm

DeadSockPuppet wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:I have been in several raid groups over the last year and even a good bit just on this new raid.  I like running it, I like helping others and sometime I just like looking around for stuff.  After all this time I have come to the realization that approximately 1 out of every 6 guardians CAN NOT jump.

Every raid.  Every time.  1 guy always has trouble jumping lol.  It's a terrible epidemic. 1/6th the population!!  

And I wasn't the last one across this last weekend.  Speaking of looking around, there's supposedly a secret room in the second jump puzzle with the pistons.  Nobody's sure exactly what the room is for, but playing around in it gets the team a buff that might be useable for a hard mode of the raid (the current speculation).

http://kotaku.com/destiny-players-discover-secret-raid-room-that-nobody-c-1734674425

I think this is what you're talking about...

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/651129846664294400

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiptongang6 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:15 pm

I will be on around 6 CST if anybody wants to do the raid.
I usely get off around 9pm so the earlier that we can start the better for me.
I figure that we can do a check point a night so that way we are not up all night
hit me up on xbox if you want to do this

tiptongang6
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : tiptongang6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:26 am

I pulled Tip in last night and we got through Golgoroth.
Had some decent attempts at the sisters but the 3 randoms with our group had some problems doing the jumping (maybe tip struggled there a little too lol )

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:45 am

Well, finished the raid last night, then got enough fragments and did the raid again tonight to move forward in Touch of Malice quest.

Basically just need to get a group together to farm Court of Oryx fragments and finish this thing up.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:03 am

AtrumX wrote:Well, finished the raid last night, then got enough fragments and did the raid again tonight to move forward in Touch of Malice quest.

Basically just need to get a group together to farm Court of Oryx fragments and finish this thing up.

Have you gotten any of the tier 3 fragments?  If not then you won't be able to get the gun yet.  You must have at least 2 of them (assuming you have every other obtainable fragment) and you can only get one per week.

With that said I'd be up for some CoO running to help out.  It took me forever to get the last tier 2 fragment I had on the list.  The right combination just never came up.  Currently only missing one of the tier 3 but have to wait until the right boss comes out.  Hopefully next reset.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:58 pm

No Tier 3s yet, but I was aware of the wait ahead. There are a few oddball ones I don't have outside of Oryx but they shouldn't be too terrible.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:39 am

AtrumX wrote:I pulled Tip in last night and we got through Golgoroth.
Had some decent attempts at the sisters but the 3 randoms with our group had some problems doing the jumping (maybe tip struggled there a little too lol )

I had a hard time with that part as well with the group of guys I joined up with.  Luckily they were cool about it since I held my own in the rest of the fights/encounters and were patient.  I caused us to wipe 3 times on the daughters.  We beat it easily once I wasn't one of the guys randomly selected to do that part, lol.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:42 am

AtrumX wrote:No Tier 3s yet, but I was aware of the wait ahead. There are a few oddball ones I don't have outside of Oryx but they shouldn't be too terrible.

Cool.  Just thought I'd mention it because people are starting to realize that it's not  as simple as "I'll go get the fragments now" when starting on the road to the Touch of Malice.  The follow up strikes to get the gun are pretty easy.  I joined up with a random guy looking for a partner to run them and we finished through both parts in about 20-30 minutes.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top