TTK

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TTK

Post by Air7Cav on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Evol Recovery wrote:Omg there is actually story, and character acting, and cut scenes, and a villian, and holy sh1t destiny actually feels like there is more to it then a rinse and repeat grind. Where the f#ck was this last year. That first mission is better then anything else I have played in destiny since launch.

Been in the game a few days. Love the story, but haven't completed it yet - taking my time to enjoy the cinematics and story line.

Only have 2 characters - Hunter (lvl 39) and Titan (lvl 40). Could have gotten them both to 40 on day 1 but I don't do Crucible (bounties). All you heard about Year 1 (Y1) weapons being obsolete are true - practically all new TTK green (common) and blue (rare) wpns and armor have higher atk/def values than your Y1 legendary and exotic gear. The max is now 280. Only a few Y1 exotic gear will be allowed to rank up to 280 (check the wpns blueprint kiosk) , so you might as well store or dismantle what you have. (I'm storing at least one of each of mine just in case Bungie does a flip-flop later.) Also Ghosts and Class Armor contribute to atk/def values and they have perks to rank up too.

Got my third subclass for my Titan (Solar hammer) and by the time you read this I will have my Hunter done too (Void bow). I suggest you get them done as soon as you get the quest to do them. Note that they are individual quests so you have to do it solo.

There are special swords (one each for void, solar, and arc) that are available via a special quest that you can get after you complete the TTK campaign quest. I have already seen a couple of players with them and they are awesome.

Regarding testing weapons - you pick up test weapons from the Gunsmith at any time. Once you have completed the testing and ranked your GS reputation above level 1, you can purchase a GS wpn order for 2500 glimmer. When you buy it, it will show up in your wpns inventory as a "package" which appears to be fulfilled on the next Arms Day (Wed). More to come on that. The interesting thing is that you can select the order you want from those offered but you can't see the weapon nor know its capabilities (atk values, perks, etc.) until you get it. Sad

Legendary Marks become available once you complete the main story, but I understand they are hard to obtain and scarce. Since Bungie has made gear buying so dependent upon having them, Bungie may have to fix the scarcity issue much like they did with Keys in Y1. Heard some have found a glitch in mining LMs but I suspect that will be fixed soon.

New to Public Events are the Taken invasions during patrols. REALLY KOOL!! cheers When it starts, you begin to see Taken appear in small groups randomly around the map in waves until the Major (think Urek in Skywatch) appears. With the new powers of the various Taken characters (minions and majors) it is a b$%ch to survive and win. Only won one out of the 4-5 I've been in - having 3 or more players help is almost a must. Believe me, there are multiple ways to die in one of those. It's timed so if you fail to kill the major in time, then he vanishes - much like Wolf Pack. BTW - you can start a Taken invasion by finding one of the special beacon missions (looks like the Kill All mission symbol but has a skull in the center of the 4 dots). Note that your direction arrow will show you where the invasion you started is located. Tre KOOL!! Shocked cheers

Still discovering stuff.

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Air7Cav wrote:There are special swords (one each for void, solar, and arc) that are available via a special quest that you can get after you complete the TTK campaign quest. I have already seen a couple of players with them and they are awesome. 

They are pretty cool looking.  Unfortunately if you want to get the exotic version of it you have to get kills with it in Crucible, which for people like me isn't going to happen.

Also, gear can go above 280, that's just the base level for vendor weapons/armor.  I've seen that they can go up to 310 at least.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Bought the ttk, today c yall online

S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:53 pm

I tell you what if this was how they had originally released this game I don't think anybody would have had a negative thing to say about it.  This game is 10x what the original was.  At least so far.  LOVE just about everything they've changed.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:17 am

Had a pretty productive run last night.  Got my Titan up to LL 243 and picked up a better pair of legendary boots, an exotic helm, a legendary launcher and an exotic primary and secondary.  Since I eked over 240 I was able to pick up the daily story as well as the daily crucible match so I should be able to pick up another legendary after I hit both today.  

Those buffs for farming exotic engrams that Xur sells are pretty helpful.  At Zac's suggestion, I bought 20 (28 SC) and ended up with 1 exotic helm (13 SC) and 2 exotic weaps (2x 31 SC).  Basically, with a little time investment, I ended up with 93 SC worth of exotics if I bought them from Xur and I only spent 28 SC. Thank you Zac and Kenny for pointing that out to me.

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:34 am

On the other hand ... rolled the dice with SCs to buy exotic helmet engrams from Xur and lucked out. I landed four of the 5 TTK exotic helmets for both my Titan and Hunter out of 7 and 6 tries respectively (got a couple of doubles thrown in there).  cheers   Thought that was a nice haul.  Smile  I had almost 500 SCs in the bank so what the hell.

BTW - discovered that by buying the Titan exotic helmet from Xur first (should have waited) yielded only a 280 def, I got the same helmet from the engram lottery at 290. cheers

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:56 pm

I've been doing ok with the three of coins drops. I bought one stack, and on the fifth one I got a legendary (AR). So I decided to buy another stack, and then got another engram (shotgun) again on the last one. At the cost of the three of coins, I figured it was worth it if I could get even one drop out of 10, but for one of five its even better. I might even go for it again, as there is even more value right now as with random drops this early, as there is little chance of a repeat.

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:44 pm

DeadSockPuppet wrote:Had a pretty productive run last night.  Got my Titan up to LL 243 and picked up a better pair of legendary boots, an exotic helm, a legendary launcher and an exotic primary and secondary.  Since I eked over 240 I was able to pick up the daily story as well as the daily crucible match so I should be able to pick up another legendary after I hit both today.  

Those buffs for farming exotic engrams that Xur sells are pretty helpful.  At Zac's suggestion, I bought 20 (28 SC) and ended up with 1 exotic helm (13 SC) and 2 exotic weaps (2x 31 SC).  Basically, with a little time investment, I ended up with 93 SC worth of exotics if I bought them from Xur and I only spent 28 SC.  Thank you Zac and Kenny for pointing that out to me.

Yeah, I don't know if it was intended by Bungie to be that big of a boost but it definitely makes a difference.  I used 15 "Three of Coins" myself and came away with 2 very nice exotics.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:34 pm

I think Bungie might be overcompensating with the new loot drops because of all the crap they took from YR1 being a little stingy. I mentioned to Zac that sometimes when I've been playing TTK as intended I've been getting loot drops like the loot cave. It's an exaggeration, but the drops are definitely better and more useful if you make sure to have your highest level gear equipped when decoding (even if you don't adventure with that gear).

Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:01 am

Running the runes at Oryx's Court was a good time at the end of the night. I didn't do as well with getting loot from the chest, but a good time nonetheless.

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:25 am

DeadSockPuppet wrote:Running the runes at Oryx's Court was a good time at the end of the night.  I didn't do as well with getting loot from the chest, but a good time nonetheless.  

From what I know by playing the court quite a bit is that you only get loot from the chest when you are the one that starts the event.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:55 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
DeadSockPuppet wrote:Running the runes at Oryx's Court was a good time at the end of the night.  I didn't do as well with getting loot from the chest, but a good time nonetheless.  

From what I know by playing the court quite a bit is that you only get loot from the chest when you are the one that starts the event.

From the time Kenny and Zac put in, they seem to think you can get stuff any time you participate but that you have a better chance or get better stuff when you put the runes in. I only had 2 runes and got more loot than 2 times, just not a ton more.

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:53 am

DeadSockPuppet wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

From the time Kenny and Zac put in, they seem to think you can get stuff any time you participate but that you have a better chance or get better stuff when you put the runes in.  I only had 2 runes and got more loot than 2 times, just not a ton more.

You could be very right.  I doubt I've put in 1/3rd the time they have.  Just going off of my experience in the court.  I've never recieved any chest rewards when I wasn't the one that started the event.  Sure I got engram drops from enemies, but never from the chest.  I also wasn't in a fireteam so that could be the difference.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:17 am

Yeah, I have done the Court a good bit and you definitely can get loot from other peoples events.  It's not guaranteed and you might only get 1-2 engrams but it does happen.  Just hang out there for a while if people are running it and you'll get something.  Also, as mentioned, you get normal loot drops from the enemies.  I have gotten a few purples just from that.

EDIT: Also, if you have a Stolen Ruin or higher, they will charge off other peoples events.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:14 pm

I have 5 exotics now, and am loving the new shotgun. I got 3 with 3 stacks of coins (one repeat, and it dropped on the 4th coin), one purchased from xur, and found another last night when completing the TTK right before Orx. Not to bad this far in. Even without the 3 of coins drops, I would have been good with two in a weeks time, plus all the legendaries I have found (7 or 8 I would guess).

Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Yeah, I've got the Helm of Inmost Light and Invective as well as a scout rifle (The Jade Rabbit) that's ok. I got all three from the Xur buffs.

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:33 pm

These are a few of my favorite things.

Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:39 pm

4th Horseman is the melter of all things. High level yellow-bar bros literally melt away with one pull of the trigger. Five rounds gone in an instant, along with what every it was you were pointing it at.

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:06 pm

I ended up picking this up and glad I did so much better then my experience in year one.

S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Plague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:42 pm

I totally agree gents, I just need to get my hands on 4th Horseman.

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:30 am

Quick destiny questions? Can you combine helmets from different classes together?
Is there a way to bring purples to the level of a exotics?
What happens when you combine two exotics?
Can you just upgrade exotics with shards

S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:50 am

S7 DROOPY wrote:Quick  destiny  questions?  Can you combine helmets from different classes together?
Yes.  They don't have to be class-specific.

Is there a way to bring  purples  to the level of a exotics?
Yes, they can all get as high as 310.

What happens  when you combine two exotics?
Nothing special.  Just infuses it like it would other items.

Can you just upgrade exotics with shards
No, not with the new infusion system.

Anybody that sees anything wrong with my answers please mention something as from what I know these are correct.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:05 am

And unless you have a lot of shards, it's really eaiser to rank up the purples more than the exoctics.

You do need legendary marks. At minimum run the daily crucible each day. It takes very little time, and doesn't matter if you win or loose.

Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:06 am

LOL! Trying to post the same thing. Everything looks correct to me. We should note that the basic rule of infusing is you have to sacrifice something of greater power in order to make something more powerful.

289 infused with a 295 ----> makes a 294. You lost a 295 but you brought up the lower level item (presumably one you liked better). You can not "feed" and piece of gear a bunch of low level crap.

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:38 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:LOL!  Trying to post the same thing.  Everything looks correct to me.  We should note that the basic rule of infusing is you have to sacrifice something of greater power in order to make something more powerful.

289 infused with a 295 ----> makes a 294.  You lost a 295 but you brought up the lower level item (presumably one you liked better).  You can not "feed" and piece of gear a bunch of low level crap.
Actually a 289 infused with a 295 would make the resulting product a 295 since it's within 8 points.

Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top