S7LEGENDARYSARG
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : LegendarySargE9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TTK

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:44 am

DL'd it last night for PS4, it was like 17GB.

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:12 am

Yep, me too. Haven't played but there is a ton of changes and from now till TTK officially drops (9/15) you can try out the new maps and game modes for free.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7LEGENDARYSARG on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Yup overall it seems very different but look forward to the actual game release to see what's really going on!

S7LEGENDARYSARG
Corporal
Corporal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Ima end up passing since I already can't rven loaf it with out geting bored my self.

S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Plague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:57 am

Finished the XB1 DL (post update) on Tues late nite. You can still play reg Destiny but you won't have Eris or Petra bounties, nor Wolfpack assaults. There is a new UI and some of your currencies and resources are useless for now. The UI has a new tab and there are more spaces for storing wpns, armor and resources in the vault and that includes more bounties can be accepted. There are new quests and bounties in Crucible and Vanguard - the old ones seem to be replaced. The new ones come with a new "tracking" feature you can turn on which improves your ability to see your status when trying to complete certain bounties. Glimmer accumulation has been reduced to only Major kills or by using glimmer doubling resources to get credit for killing anything. (Took me a while to catch on to that.)

Weapons and armor levels have been rescaled and your light is calculated using a new formula to include adding armor classes (cloaks, marks, etc.) and Ghosts to the atk/def mix. (Yes, Ghosts are upgradable now just like weapons and they have perks.)

They mod some of the weapons to include reducing some mag sizes and perk effects. Discovered that when I ran out of ammo on one of my fav wpns while engaged in a sticky furball on the Moon. Heard that fatal "click" - SURPRISE!! I just knew I had more bullets. Evil or Very Mad

Interesting thing happened on the first day, all my weapons that I was trying to finish upgrading were automatically maxed out (both exotics and legendary) except for one that I recently bought from Variks. So all I had to do was click on the upgrade circle and spend the resources - no grinding to fill the circles in. cheers

Came across a new beacon mission type while on Earth. Saw a strange symbol and got the mission to see what it was. Turns out it is a new timed mission requiring you to physically "touch" a series of scattered barriers. Kinda kool.

Still doing a recon to see what I can find.

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:33 am

You're going to make me end up buying this 'cav. What is the weapons testing? Do you turn in the gun somewhere after you complete the challange for extra XP, just keep it, or thrash the thing?

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:43 pm

What I saw of the weapons testing is that the Gunsmith has them if you want them. I didn't buy any bc their Atk value was much less than what I already had in my inventory and I didn't want to lower my Light total. I may try one to see what it does as I didn't know there was a challenge involved.

This is what is available for now pre-launch. Makes me think they have a lot more surprises in store. I getting ready to login to see what else I can discover.

Buy it. Cool

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:43 pm

I jumped on for like 4-5hrs today and picked up, completed and am holding 12 bounties for both my Warlock and Titan as well as I completed a PE and am holding each package until Tuesday. I was able to snag 12 bounties and complete 2 as well as a PE for my lvl 12 Hunter. Should have a lot of crap to cash in on Tuesday for all my chars, including a bunch of stuff for the Cryptarch. The changes they've released so far are actually making me look forward to TTK, looks like I will pick it up at release.

Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Air7Cav wrote:What I saw of the weapons testing is that the Gunsmith has them if you want them. I didn't buy any bc their Atk value was much less than what I already had in my inventory and I didn't want to lower my Light total. I may try one to see what it does as I didn't know there was a challenge involved.

This is what is available for now pre-launch. Makes me think they have a lot more surprises in store. I getting ready to login to see what else I can discover.

Buy it.  Cool

Update on the wpns testing:
Gunsmith has 5 wpns to test and as I understand it, they will change each "ArmsDay" (Tues or Wed??). Of the current 5, 2 are for testing in the Crucible and the other 3 anywhere. I tried out 3 of them (non-crucible). The challenge is stated on the description panel, so it is like a pseudo bounty. Once you complete the challenge the wpn is ranked and you get Gunsmith Reputation points. As I understand it, you have to reach some certain levels in GS reputation in order to order arms on ArmsDay. I think this process will flesh out at launch. As for the test wpns, you can keep them or dismantle them. (Don't know what happens if you dismantle one.) Question Question

Their Atk value is lower than other wpns that are maxed out, but you can use an E-Lite to apparently rank it up. I haven't tried that yet. The wpns are different but not unusual. The hook is the GS reputation and ArmsDay.

BTW - discovered that the new timed beacon mission I found on Earth can be randomly seen on at least 3 planets - Earth (Mothyards), Venus (Citadel) and Mars (spawn site). Exclamation

Puppet stated he is saving his completed bounties until launch. That's a plan but new bounties are offered every day - haven't seen any consecutive day repeats. You can accept (and complete) up to 16 bounties and at least 2 quests - with the bounties you have much more control over when you "complete" them (aka turn them in) in order to target what you want to rank up. To be clear, you may have met all the requirements of the bounty, thus it is marked like before, but you don't get any benefit (credit) until you "complete" the bounty, so with the extra spaces, you can now elect to "save" (hold on to) bounties until you need them.

Don't know where the Quests lead to yet as I'm still proceeding thru the steps for both my Hunter and Titan.

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:28 pm

I'll be holding 16 completed bounties on all 3 of my characters.  Then, next Tuesday, I'll cash in all 16 for each character and get an XP "boost".   I'm also holding all my Cryptarch and PE packages for the same reason.  Since my Hunter is only lvl 12 I might start cashing in everything I get because that character will still gain XP.  

However, I've heard a rumor that characters under lvl 25 will get a "boost" to make them 25, so I might hold XP for the Hunter to dump after Tuesday.  I'd hate to grind to get the Hunter to lvl 25+ and find out Bungie would do it for me and I could hold the XP to lvl beyond 25.  

Basically, since my Warlock and Titan are 34, they won't earn character XP until next week, so I'm stockpiling everything I can get until then.  Each of these characters has 31.5k worth of XP they'll get from bounties I completed today and if I get like another 4 about 2.5k each, I should end up being able to cash in 40+k XP when I first sign on.  That should give me probably a level (hopefully 2) so I can start using some higher level (and light) gear.

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:07 pm

Put in some work on the Hunter and I picked up 2 lvls and completed 9 bounties.

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav on Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:56 am

UPDATES regarding test wpns (pre-launch only):
1. Cannot use E-lites to rank them up. (My bad.) Their Atk value is what it is. You can dismantle them and you will receive nothing in return - no materials or glimmer.
2. Cannot store them in the Vault.
3. It appears that test wpns give you 250 GS reputation each.

New news (Tip and I did a lot of exploring):
1. Discovered a new strike locale on Mars while trying to satisfy a quest requirement. It was really cool - they took a story map and reversed the direction of travel while adding new objectives and joined Cabal and Vex as opposition.
2. Tip stumbled across large blue info panels on the walls of some of the buildings in the Tower. When accessed, they show current and future wpns and armor, shaders, vehicles, etc. It's really kool. cheers
3. Some quest steps have dependent requirements - if you fail to achieve one of the requirements, then you lose all credit for any of them and have to restart that step.
4. It appears that Faction upgrades may be zeroed out. Check your inventories.
5. It appears that E-lites can be used on pre-Crota wpns/armor. Check the upgrade panels for the E-lite symbol.

More to follow!

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:14 am

I think I am just going to roll a new character to see 2.0 from the start. I HAVE Off this weekend so hopefully I catch some of u ps4 bros online

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:03 am

@Cav - E-life's should be useable on any legendary weapons, I used one on Fatebringer which was a VoG weap if I remember right. However, not all weapons are going to be allowed to hit the Year 2 cap (240 atk, I think), so you might want to hold off using any of the ones you have until you research whether or not a weapon will be able to hit the cap or not.

@Evol - If you hit lvl 14ish and we're on together, I'll run my Hunter with you. I've only gotten through the first mission on Venus and unlocked patrols so I'd roll with you. I think I might have missed some stuff on Earth and the Moon too, I was trying to speed through the story so I could open all the planets.

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:15 pm

So I have had a few days to check things out and I must say I really like the changes.  This is a huge update to the game and I am having a blast.  Most of it has been touched on above but I thought I'd add a bit about the new PvP maps and modes.  Normally I am not a PvP guy in Destiny.  I enjoy it but I don't play too often but with this update I am loving it more than ever.

Modes: Two new game modes have been added so far and I've checked them both out.

Rift:  First up is Rift.  Rift is a lot like CTF.  There is a central spot where the "Spark" charges and can eventually be picked up.  Both team fight over the Spark until someone manages to pick it up.  Once the Spark is captured you either have to deliver it to the opposing teams Rift or defend your own, depending on which team grabs it.  If you manage to carry it in you get to sort of slam-dunk it into the Rift and kill everyone in the immediate area.  Unlike CTF, you can still use all your guns, nades, melee etc... but you can not use your Super nor can you drop the Spark.  It's a ton of fun with fast action.  I had a blast playing it and it really freshens up the maps you know and love.

Mayhem: Next is Mayhem and boy does it live up to it's name.  In Mayhem all of your abilities charge up super fast.  Melee, Nades and Super all charge up at a highly accelerated rate, not to mention Heavy Ammo drops like every 1 minute 30 seconds.  The results are nothing short of beautiful.  Supers all the time in every directions.  Rockets, nades, and the sound of heavy machine guns fill the air.  It's chaos and carnage and it's amazing to behold. I think this is my new favorite gamemode but it's a tough call between the two.  

Both are worth checking out, even if your not into PvP.  Most fun Ive had with Destiny in a while.  Side note:  PvP bounties are super easy not too so be sure to party up and clean house.

Maps:  I also got to play most of the new maps too.  I'm not gonna go into detail from map to map but I will say that I like the new offerings very much.  All of them seem well done and pretty balanced in the game mode I tried.  I have not played Control yet where there is usually a better side to hold but in both Mayhem and Rfit the maps were a blast to play on.

TL;DR - New PvP maps and modes are awesome!

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:48 am

I'm gonna go ahead and pick this up on the XB1.  I'm really not impressed with other games I'm looking at so I might as well fork out the 40 bucks for something to play for the next month or two (along with Elite: Dangerous).  I hadn't played since last year so I jumped on last night and leveled from 30 to 34 in just over an hour to get prepped for TTK.  Also got my Sunsinger class quests done and got the level 40 bond for when I get to that point.

If it's like before I'll enjoy it long enough to last until the holiday season when other games I'm looking at come out.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:04 pm

I think I'm with you there Husker. It should take me a month to get bored with it, so I'm going to get it. I would have definitely done it earlier, it's just the $40 price tag that's been holding me back. I still don't think it's worth the value. I went ahead and picked up a pack of red bull today as well.

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7LEGENDARYSARG on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:33 pm

It's almost time!!!

S7LEGENDARYSARG
Corporal
Corporal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Placed my pre-order today, so I should be good to rock and roll whenever I can get some time to play.

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7LEGENDARYSARG on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Well for me I'll be up at 4am and on the grind lol

S7LEGENDARYSARG
Corporal
Corporal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:33 pm

I thought it goes live at 1pm Tuesday. At least that's what it says on psn

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:29 am

I still can't decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on this or not. With Halo 5 and Fallout 4 coming so soon I don't think I can put the time in to make the content worth it.

Very tough choice, as everything I've seen (and played over the past few days) seems like a big quality of life improvement to the game.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:24 am

Omg there is actually story, and character acting, and cut scenes, and a villian, and holy sh1t destiny actually feels like there is more to it then a rinse and repeat grind. Where the f#ck was this last year. That first mission is better then anything else I have played in destiny since launch.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:29 am

AtrumX wrote:I still can't decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on this or not. With Halo 5 and Fallout 4 coming so soon I don't think I can put the time in to make the content worth it.

Very tough choice, as everything I've seen (and played over the past few days) seems like a big quality of life improvement to the game.

I went ahead and picked this up instead of Forza 6.  It's basically a filler until Fallout 4 comes out.  I'd be surprised if I played it much past that point.  I just needed something to fill the gap.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top