Winning the Raid Lotto

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winning the Raid Lotto

Post by S7 Interseptor on Fri May 08, 2015 11:12 am

Had an interesting experience last night that I thought I'd share.  Kenny and I were just messing around, doing bounties etc...  we have been working on running a 2-man Flawless Raider on CE normal for the last few days in an attempt to get Platinum trophies but last night we weren't really feeling it.  Anyway, I had just finished up doing my daily bounties and I had to take a break to go grab my kid some food.  I'm gone about 25 min (just AFK in the Tower) and when I get back I have a message for a random guy in the Tower...

The message reads "Can you help me and my friend do VoG? We have no other friends that can help and have never done it."

Hum, interesting proposition.  So I ask Kenny if he would be down to help out and he agreed.  Not really knowing what we were getting into I messaged the guy back and told him I'd be happy to help out.  Little did this guy know who he had contacted or what was in store for him.  I'm not sure what his expectations were but this guy had accidentally run into the right Guardians last night.  They didn't know it but they had just won the Raid Lotto.

We party up and get our gear ready.  Fortunately these were two pretty cool bros probably in their mid 20's-30's (I had feared from the messages that they were "squeakers").  I am asked several questions such as "have you done this before?", "how many times?" and "do you have anymore friends online to help or is it just you two?"  I assure them I had done it many times and and that Kenny and I would be enough help to get the job done.  Interesting side note, I have always surmised that VoG could be done with only 4 bros pretty easily but never actually attempted it.  Not to mention attempted it with 2 guys that had never even opened up the front gate but...

Our adventure was about to begin.

Step by step I walk them through each section of the Raid.  Surprisingly these guys could handle direction well and held their own in a firefight.  @ lvl 29 and 30 they were high enough to be helpful but their guns were a little lacking.  Still they were never really a liability.  Fortunately Kenny and I were doing work and together as a team we did surprisingly well.  

Opening the gate took a little long than normal but once we got into position we made quick work of it.  Next was Confluxes which we wiped at our first attempt due to sacrifices at the center conflux in wave 3.  We made small adjustments and cleared it on the next go.  Oracles? No problem.  Got a little dicey here and there but cleared it one the first go.  Templar?  Also not a problem.  Got him on the second try too.  Gorgon's Maze?  First try, both chests, no wipes (something I don't think I have even done with any group lol).  These guys were following directions and stuck to us like glue.  Next was the jump puzzle.  3 of us made it first try and the last guy only died once and made it on his second try.  Now we were headed into the final section of the Raid.  

The Vault of Glass.

This is where things got a little tricky.  There is a lot of things going on in these two sections (Gatekeeper/Atheon) that I take for granted after doing it so many times.  It's a lot to take in and process but these guys did well as they had all along.  We clear GK in just two attempts I think, maybe 3 and then it was on to Atheon.  Unfortunately as these sections are back to back and I had to try and explain the strat as we were doing it.  And with only 4 bros, 3 of us would teleport, leaving only one guys to fight supplicants and open the portal.  On top of that if even one of us died, it was a wipe since we can't teleport with a man down.  We wiped several time as you might expect.  After a few runs the guys finally had a good idea of what was going on and what needed to be done.  Now we just needed a perfect run to put it all together and before too long it happened. We finally string it all together and get the perfect run.  We downed him in 4-5 teleports and much celebration was had.

Fin

It was a fun little trip we shared and it felt good to help two people experience one of the best things Destiny has to offer.  So many Guardians out there have never gotten to experience a Raid and that is a real shame.  Very cool night and both guys were very grateful.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winning the Raid Lotto

Post by S7 Interseptor on Fri May 08, 2015 11:14 am

Oh, I almost forgot! Kenny's mic died at Atheon so we had to string together our perfect run with no comms to our clutch player. Good times.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top