As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:03 pm

After watching these I don't even care about the beta.  I'm on board 200%!  Purely epic...








OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by Atrum on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 pm

Oh man, so good. I can't wait for it to come out. I'm glad they didn't go too "call of duty" with it. Looks like there should still be a decent skill curve Very Happy

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7826
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Just read that Bungie has said that with the latest sdk from MS that the'll be able to get the resolution to 1080p native on the XB1 version as well.  So happy!

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by S7 OC on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Yup this game is going to be epic

_________________

Clan Founder
We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 6439
Join date : 2008-03-18
Age : 38
Location : Shrewsbury, MA
GamerTag : S7 OC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:05 pm

Some sweet Warlock PvP gameplay...


OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by S7 mrmiller on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:10 pm

I'll have to watch move of these video's, as I'm no longer sold. I fear that "skill curve" where the people with the most time are going to out class everyone so much that co-op is going to be simply following those guys and picking up their scraps.



~mrmiller

_________________

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 6123
Join date : 2008-03-19
Location : Oklahoma
GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by Atrum on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:29 pm

I doubt that'll be an issue. I still play through Halo with my wife and we're about as far away from each other as you could get for skill in that game, but we both still have plenty of action. Would you rather have a game that made no difference on if you played well or not?

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7826
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by S7 mrmiller on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:34 pm

I just finished the multiplayer video and I think I'm back in. That's what I'll be playing mostly anyhow. At first I was watching the guy stream co-op and the co-op vids, which I thought was going to be a huge part of the game.

I just hate co-op where you are not evenly matched. I shouldn't have said "skill curve", as it's not skill, it's loot and gear (which no matter how good you are is a factor of time invested). Like why I don't play Diablo with the public- everyone is geared so much better and just rushes along while you pick up the scraps and get lucky to do much fighting.

~mrmiller

_________________

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 6123
Join date : 2008-03-19
Location : Oklahoma
GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by S7 OC on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:50 pm


_________________

Clan Founder
We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 6439
Join date : 2008-03-18
Age : 38
Location : Shrewsbury, MA
GamerTag : S7 OC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:57 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I'll have to watch move of these video's, as I'm no longer sold. I fear that "skill curve" where the people with the most time are going to out class everyone so much that co-op is going to be simply following those guys and picking up their scraps.



~mrmiller
That's why we get you into some strikes and raids to get you geared up!!

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by Atrum on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:08 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I just finished the multiplayer video and I think I'm back in. That's what I'll be playing mostly anyhow. At first I was watching the guy stream co-op and the co-op vids, which I thought was going to be a huge part of the game.

I just hate co-op where you are not evenly matched. I shouldn't have said "skill curve", as it's not skill, it's loot and gear (which no matter how good you are is a factor of time invested). Like why I don't play Diablo with the public- everyone is geared so much better and just rushes along while you pick up the scraps and get lucky to do much fighting.

~mrmiller

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense - I agree with you. I'm mainly excited for the PVP. Coop stuff will be fun, but I don't enjoy playing with guys that invest 10x the time I can and have infinitely better equipment. It definitely does make you feel like you're just along for the ride.

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7826
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:32 pm

I guess I'm in the minority.  I'd rather play co-op, whether it be strikes or raids or just a 3 man fire team running quests.  And I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind preferring PvP for what you guys are talking about.  If you don't play much you'll be "behind" the gear curve and relying on your teammates to have a better chance to win there also wouldn't you?

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by Atrum on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:49 pm

Nah, any PVP game will have fairly balanced PVP. I wasn't saying I think Destiny will be a game like Diablo where gear makes that much of a difference, I actually don't think it will be like that.

Having said that, if I have a gun and can shoot at other people - they'll die quite a lot. It'd probably even be rewarding killing someone with sweet equipment xD

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7826
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:31 pm

Another PvP map...


OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:33 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 mrmiller wrote:I just finished the multiplayer video and I think I'm back in. That's what I'll be playing mostly anyhow. At first I was watching the guy stream co-op and the co-op vids, which I thought was going to be a huge part of the game.

I just hate co-op where you are not evenly matched. I shouldn't have said "skill curve", as it's not skill, it's loot and gear (which no matter how good you are is a factor of time invested). Like why I don't play Diablo with the public- everyone is geared so much better and just rushes along while you pick up the scraps and get lucky to do much fighting.

~mrmiller

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense - I agree with you. I'm mainly excited for the PVP. Coop stuff will be fun, but I don't enjoy playing with guys that invest 10x the time I can and have infinitely better equipment. It definitely does make you feel like you're just along for the ride.
This was how I felt playing D3 on 360 with Sticky & Miller.  Yeah they have me some sweet gear but rarely did my role in combat matter.  Don't get me wrong, I had a good time but I got burned out quickly because of that.

_________________
~~Wife: Yup, I'd shoot you in the leg, cuz then we'd have a crawler.~~
~~Star Wars is like Dirty Dancing for dudes. Nobody puts Chewbacca in a corner, okay?~~
 photo skyrimsig.png
XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
Posts : 6739
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Hudsonville, MI
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by S7 Interseptor on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:42 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
AtrumX wrote:
S7 mrmiller wrote:I just finished the multiplayer video and I think I'm back in. That's what I'll be playing mostly anyhow. At first I was watching the guy stream co-op and the co-op vids, which I thought was going to be a huge part of the game.

I just hate co-op where you are not evenly matched. I shouldn't have said "skill curve", as it's not skill, it's loot and gear (which no matter how good you are is a factor of time invested). Like why I don't play Diablo with the public- everyone is geared so much better and just rushes along while you pick up the scraps and get lucky to do much fighting.

~mrmiller

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense - I agree with you. I'm mainly excited for the PVP. Coop stuff will be fun, but I don't enjoy playing with guys that invest 10x the time I can and have infinitely better equipment. It definitely does make you feel like you're just along for the ride.
This was how I felt playing D3 on 360 with Sticky & Miller.  Yeah they have me some sweet gear but rarely did my role in combat matter.  Don't get me wrong, I had a good time but I got burned out quickly because of that.

A lot of that has to do with the party you are playing with.  Take last night in Destiny for example.  Kenny and I were cruising around, exploring the map and looking for loot.  We take things at a similar pace and enjoy exploring every corner before moving on.  we work as a team and take down enemies together, even coordinate attacks.  Then we were joined by one of my friend I met on BF4.  Nice guy and cool to play with in BF4 but he was the type of guy that liked to chase the objective as fast as possible and kill everything.  It was not long before he was way far away collecting missions and completing them by himself.

If I were in a party with 2-3 other guys like that, I would not have much fun.  But if I were in a party with guys who like to play like me, it's a blast.  In the end we separated from that guy and continued on our own (but not after saving him from a high level bad guy he got in trouble with all on his own lol).  The party you play with makes all the difference.  I also want to add that I am sure that guy did not like playing with us either (especially waiting 20 mins for reinforcements lol - That's how far away we were).  It's all about finding someone who likes to play like you do.

_________________
"Console A sucks! Console B is way better and never has problems!
I don't know how to build a cheap PC that out performs both! Rabble rabble!!"


Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Posts : 8542
Join date : 2008-03-21
Age : 37
Location : Kosciusko, MS
GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: As if I wasn't already sold on Destiny...

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:16 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum