Dark Souls 2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by S7 Interseptor on Thu May 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Why can't you play with us?  What system are you playing on?  We are on the 360.  Also, my main character is a STR/DEX build and I rock either a Dark Halberd +10 or the Black Knights Halberd +5.  No sheild w/ <70% weight for fast rolling.  No magic and melee only.

EDIT: My current level is about ~130 but I have 2.2 million souls count give or take.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by S7 Interseptor on Fri May 09, 2014 12:31 pm

And without further delay, here is the final chapter of my adventure.  Enjoy...

The Endless Cycle Part 3: The Finale

Things are really rolling now.  Just two more locations left.  With the first King’s Door completed I turn my attention to the King’s door located in the Forest of Giants.  This is the first location of the game when you are just starting out.  Most of the area is low level stuff but nestled back in an out of the way corner lies the 2nd Kings Door where I can obtain the next piece of the puzzle. This time I still have the ring equipped so as I approach the door it simply opens to allow passage.  Directly behind the door is a bonfire and a dead end.  Very strange.  I light the fire and start to look around but the only thing here is just the old decaying body of the Giants that once laid siege to this land during King Vendrick’s reign long ago. 

As I approach I am allowed to examine the body and by using the Ashen Mist Heart to enter into a memory of the siege.  Here I am whisked back in time and enter the “Memory of Jeigh”.  Not sure who this guy is but I find myself on a battlement under attack.  Fire rains down from catapults and 2 Giants stand in my path (as well as a few lesser soldiers).  I have to time my attacks and watch for the fire balls at the same time.  One wrong step and I am toast.  It’s a very short section but plenty hard.  As I battle the level starts to fall apart and the giant head of a statue rolls across the battlement killing everything in its patch, Giants included.  And just beyond?  The Giant Lord.  A Boss fight of sorts featuring a Giant about 4 times larger than a normal giant.  It’s not an easy fight for me but I eventually manage to beat him after several attempts.  Victory is almost at hand.  With the Giant Lords Soul in hand I can now head to the 3rd and final King’s Door.

Except!  As I exit the memory… mother freakin Navlaan invades again!  WTF???  Seriously?  What is with this guy?  He is the only character to invade more than once after being defeated and he is also the only character to invade in more than one location.  And while this is the last time I will see him before I finish the game, he apparently invades up to six times in various locations.  Navlaan OP.  Now back to the adventure!

The final King’s Door is located back in Drangleic Castle just down the hall from the infamous “Room of Death”.  As I approach I equip the King’s Ring and once again the door opens automatically.  Before me is a long and creepy path made of stone with a never ending abyss on either side leading down to the Throne of Want, the final location of the game.  There are no enemies or invasions.  Just a long path leading to a Fog Gate.  There to greet me is the Emerald Herald.  She tells me the rest of her story…  Basically the Emerald Herald's real name is Shanalotte, a name given to her by the dragons. She was created specifically to break the undead curse, but her creators failed and she did not come out as intended; thus, she aids any undead to break their curse.   Fortunately for her, you have been successful thus far and there is just one question left.  Who sits in the Throne of Want?  And how do I break the Curse of the Undead?  Time to find out.

Let’s do this thing!  After an unusually long jog I finally reach the Fog Gate, summons some bros and enter the mist.  On the other side I find 2 Bosses.  The Throne Watcher and Throne Defender.  Guards to the Throne of Want.  The Duo is good, but not good enough.  Me and my bros make short work of them and cut them down in one go.  Sweet!  Victory is mine!  Now what? … Now this is where is get kind of cool.  Entering from behind me, through the same Fog Gate I entered is Nashandra, Queen of Drangleic .  I met her upstairs in the castle from a distance.  She seemed nice, and mostly sane, and also beautiful.  I even mentioned that she seemed to want to rule in place of her husband at the time.  Turns out I was right.  She did want to rule but she could not.  The King’s Door was sealed and the King’s Ring was locked away safely guarded in the Undead Crypt.  That is until I got the Ring and opened the door AND killed the guards for her. What a fool I was!  Now all she had to do was walk in and take it. 

When I first met her she was quite attractive but that was just an illusion.  She got real ugly.  Now standing 20 foot tall with a dress made of living souls trapped and tormented and brandishing a large scythe, she is almost the picture of Death incarnate.  And in an ironic twist, it’s almost like I am her final Boss fight.  The only thing left standing between her and the ultimate power of the First Flame.  It’s time to dance b!tch!  I didn’t come this far just to fail now!  The fight begins and, I die.  A lot.  She casts curse spells that take my humanity and keep me from staying human.  This means that I have to burn a Human Effigy every time I respawn in order to continues summoning help.  It’s a real pain in the ass.  I have to burn almost all 10 of my remaining Human Effigies but I am eventually successful.  She was harder than most to beat but in the end I am finally victorious!

As soon as she is defeated the ending cut scene is started.  We find out that by taking the Throne I can link the fire and cure the land of this curse just as King Vendrick did before me and countless others before him.  Life will once again flourish for a time but history is doomed to repeat itself.  An “Endless Cycle” destined to repeat for all time and there is nothing I can do about it.  It’s an interesting revelation if not a bit of a downer.  Very similar things happened in Dark Souls 1.  I had to defeat the 4 Great Souls, challenge the King and take the Throne for myself.  Only in DS1, I was able to choose whether to link the fires, or put them out and usher in the age of darkness.  The thing is that it actually didn’t matter.  Eventually, we still ended up here and this time there is no choice to make (they allude to a choice but you can't make it in-game), because in the end, it’s irrelevant. 

But it’s not all a downer.  After all, the game ends with me sitting on the Throne, taking my rightful place as King.  And as we all know, it’s good to be the King!  I have linked the fires once again and lifted the Undead Curse.  Peace will reign for a  time and I will rebuild the Kingdom as I see fit.  When the curse returns again?  Well, that will be someone else problem.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top