So????

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So????

Post by S7 Interseptor on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:56 am

Dish the dirt on the X1 guys! First impressions? Likes? Dislikes? Quarks? I am bored at work and want to hear all about it.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So????

Post by S7 Coolhand on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Its probably so great no one can take time to post about it.

S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Without trying to sound too biased I have to say I'm absolutely blown away.  

To start I didn't even have so much as a single hiccup setting everything up, downloading the day one  update and installing the Forza 5 LE.  Also being able to use the QR code just by saying "Xbox use a code" and holding up the card to the kinect was the start of something special.

The snap function is badass, as is the ease in which it's implemented.  Again using your voice for stuff like that and having it work so incredibly quick and easy is remarkable.  

Being able to be play a game one second and then watching TV the next is awesome!  Especially when the game stays exactly where it was when you switched to watch TV.  All just by saying "Xbox watch TV".

Just about every single thing you can think of can be accessed/started by voice commands.  And the speed and flow that it all works is incredible.  With the Xbox on standby I can say "Xbox on" and it's set to turn on my TV at the same time.  The Xbox is up and in the dashboard before my TV is on and ready to go.  Same thing goes with "Xbox off".  It puts my Xbox in standby mode and turns my TV off.  I love that!

The controller, for my hands, is an absolutely perfect fit.  It's like it was made for people with hands around my size.  The rumble triggers are really great on Forza and they definitely give you instant feed back on whether you are spinning the tires or braking too hard.  They are excellent for a racing game.

I could say the console is whisper quiet but that wouldn't be doing it justice.  I can be literally inches from the thing and would swear it wasn't even on if it wasn't for the light on the front.  The only time I've even heard the slightest noise (and I do mean slight) was when I was installing Forza using the disc.

As far as games go I can only speak for Forza.  Graphically is gorgeous and the gameplay is fantastic.  The hype surrounding the drivatar is hype no more, it's real.  It's a totally different experience compared to the AI that people are used to.  They make mistakes.  They will ram you if you're not watching your back.  They will run off the track and cut corners.  I was hoping for the drivatar system to be a new experience and it is that, and more.

Overall, I am just honestly blown away at how different the Xbox One is from the 360 and am 100% happy (ecstatic) that I have one.  It really is an awesome experience when you sit back and think about how far it's come since the last generation.

There's so much more that I didn't even go into, but I think you get the idea of how I feel about it.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:38 pm

Ahh... UPS is killing me. I will try and get a first impressions review over the weekend too. Now I gotta go and check my tracking number again...

~mrmiller

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:40 pm

"Also being able to use the QR code just by saying "Xbox use a code" and holding up the card to the kinect was the start of something special."

Shocked tell me this is not true? REALLY????
WOW!

S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Sorry klown but it's real. I redeemed a few codes that way already.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:36 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:"Also being able to use the QR code just by saying "Xbox use a code" and holding up the card to the kinect was the start of something special."

Shocked tell me this is not true? REALLY????
WOW!
I was upset at Ghosts for not having a QR code on their map download. Already spoiled by it.

It's great. Plugged my dish receiver in to play with the TV a bit, queued a bunch of downloads that have been running.

Menu's aren't lightning fast but still quick enough that you're never waiting. 

My only woe is that HBO GO and Crunchyroll haven't put apps out yet. So, keeping the old xbox nearby to watch my anime and movies.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:23 pm

PC gaming  on a console need i say more XD

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:23 pm

I'm really loving the system, and just the initial start up brings a smile to your face as you revel in the tech that is at your control. Switching between the different apps and screens is a breeze (and fast). The controller is nice, and the graphics a bit better for COD (the only game I have played so far). I'm not blown away by the graphic texture upgrade, but the lighting, shadows, and particle effects are definitely a big improvement. Then again, I've only played COD mutiplayer. BlueRay is nice, and the other apps work well for me so far. I have an Xbox music account, and it works great. Live TV is so very cool. It controls all the components with ease, and since it's a pass thought you can still use your cable box control if you want (which you have to for the DVR anyhow). Its really cool how it is instantly integrated into your home theater set up. It really does feel like an advancement and not just an upgrade. Think of when the iPhone was first released compared to the state of smartphones then. That's how I feel about the One compared to the 360 or PS3.

With all the things I like about it, it's not without it's quirks and I really feel like the One was rushed out to keep up with Sony. There are so many things that a proper "beta" period would have discovered, and then a proper implementation period would have allowed to be changed before launch. Here are some things that need attention (or maybe I just need to know how to do if the system is capable).

-No notifications of when someone is online. You only get notifications if you get a message or invite. So you never know if someone gets online. They don't even have the beacons that I can see. 

-You don't default to party chat when accepting a party invite. There should at least be an option for that.

-The snap feature is great, but you need separate volume control for each. Snapping TV to the right works well, but both audio streams are going at the same time, and the TV pretty much always overpowers the game. You need to be able to control the two feeds volumes independently.

-This is what really makes be think it was rushed, the Kinect for voice chat needs serious tweaking. You can't easily mute it, and you can't control the volume of the people talking. If they really wanted the Kinect to work for the voice, they should have the controls built into the controller so you can mute the mic with a button press, and control the chat volume as well. There was a rumor that MS spent Millions on redesigns the controller, and if that is the case they failed not having those basic Kinect controls built in. Pretty much they need the "puck" part of the chat always on the controller. I'll go as far as to say if they didn't add the pack-in chat headset, it would be a disaster for gamers. You can use your current headphones for the sound, and the kinect microphone for your voice if you want, but again you can't control the sound level of the voice coming through your headphones/speakers.

-Then there is not being able to play music straight from a USB drive, or even expand the memory with one either. We all know it is coming, and was mentioned at the reveal, so why isn't it here yet? Maybe because they rushed things?

All in all I've very happy with it, but I do feel like a Beta tester as an early adopter. Kind of reminds me of Diablo 3, as while I enjoyed it from day one, after a year it's so much more than when it started. Hopefully the same goes for the One, as it already is off to a good start and only highlights it's future potential.

~mrmiller

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Anonymous on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:53 pm

That's why I am getting the xbox one later and hopefully they fix all the bugs of the system.

S7 Anonymous
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Anonymous

View user profile http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPhQhajTx16oQzE34FYPTiG

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:07 pm

I love the system! the voice commands are great, especially with the TV integration and the Game DVR. When you pull off an awesome kill, all you have to is says, "Xbox, record that" and boom, you get a clip. The games look great. I love that it will turn off your TV and everything when you shut it off and vice versa when u turn it on. I find myself turning it on and changing channels as well as signing in, all without even touching a controller! I am very please with it. Worth every penny!

S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:08 am

i would also have to say Skype Chat was cool and having the camera  fallow you around so when your video chatting its always on you  was a nice touch ....

also the video editing  program is nice  very fast and easy to use along with skydrive

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:46 am

I finally got to play it yesterday after a long, cold weekend at the range.

I really do like what I've seen so far. The games look beautiful. The way you can almost seamlessly move in between apps and games is awesome. While the mic still has some issues picking up words, I think the camera is pretty good.

Glock, Sticky, Skandelous, and myself did a video chat on Skype and it worked very well. Lag was minimal, and the camera would follow you around when you walk around the room.

Overall I'm very impressed so far. I still have to play around a lot more on it though.

S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:49 am

S7 Tico wrote:I finally got to play it yesterday after a long, cold weekend at the range.

I really do like what I've seen so far. The games look beautiful. The way you can almost seamlessly move in between apps and games is awesome. While the mic still has some issues picking up words, I think the camera is pretty good.
You probably forgot to switch it to 'Mexican' mode.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:09 am

This is an incredible system....you guys know me though....A lot of stuff to learn.  I love how it controls the TV and the voice commands.  Graphics for games are pretty cool as well and the controller is very, very responsive.  An enormous amount of things to learn.  The only hick-up that I've noticed is....when I say Xbox Off....it gives me a "not able to pause in this mode....I think I need to go through the voice command set up again to tweek it.

S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:19 am

The command to turn off the Xbox is "Xbox Turn Off", and then you can say "Yes" or select the yes button when it confirms whether or not you actually want to turn it off.

Current Xbox Game(s):
Current PC Game(s): Tales of Zestiria
Current 3DS Game(s):
Current Wii U Game(s):

Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks Xpert....Now I will return to being retarded....Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:01 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:-No notifications of when someone is online. You only get notifications if you get a message or invite. So you never know if someone gets online. They don't even have the beacons that I can see. 

I agree and I'm betting this will be implemented at some point.

-You don't default to party chat when accepting a party invite. There should at least be an option for that.

I agree that the default should be party chat on instead of having to manually turn it on each time you go into a party.

-The snap feature is great, but you need separate volume control for each. Snapping TV to the right works well, but both audio streams are going at the same time, and the TV pretty much always overpowers the game. You need to be able to control the two feeds volumes independently.

If you are in snap mode you can double tap the guide button and it will switch window panes.  You can pull up the TV in snap mode and go to the game and mute it in game if you want to hear the TV only.  I'm not 100% sure this is what you are talking about, but you can have one window with no sound.

-This is what really makes be think it was rushed, the Kinect for voice chat needs serious tweaking. You can't easily mute it, and you can't control the volume of the people talking. If they really wanted the Kinect to work for the voice, they should have the controls built into the controller so you can mute the mic with a button press, and control the chat volume as well. There was a rumor that MS spent Millions on redesigns the controller, and if that is the case they failed not having those basic Kinect controls built in. Pretty much they need the "puck" part of the chat always on the controller. I'll go as far as to say if they didn't add the pack-in chat headset, it would be a disaster for gamers. You can use your current headphones for the sound, and the kinect microphone for your voice if you want, but again you can't control the sound level of the voice coming through your headphones/speakers.

I agree that if using the Kinect was the only option for chat the it would have been terrible, however you can turn off using the kinect for chat in the kinect part of the settings menu.

-Then there is not being able to play music straight from a USB drive, or even expand the memory with one either. We all know it is coming, and was mentioned at the reveal, so why isn't it here yet? Maybe because they rushed things?

I firmly believed, and still do, that this console was not meant for a 2013 release but they did so to keep up with Sony.  These things will come, but things like this should be part of a launch, not "early 2014".

All in all I've very happy with it, but I do feel like a Beta tester as an early adopter. Kind of reminds me of Diablo 3, as while I enjoyed it from day one, after a year it's so much more than when it started. Hopefully the same goes for the One, as it already is off to a good start and only highlights it's future potential.

While I understand and agree about the "beta tester" part, I still feel that this console is so far ahead of the 360 it's not even in the same universe.  Sure there are things they'll fix, implement, etc., but honestly, out of the box this thing is pretty amazing.

~mrmiller

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:35 pm

i know other then a few minor let downs like some of the voice commands and not being able to snap skype on the side  like was shown @ E3  but is confirmed to come out in a patch early 2014

i am 100% happy with getting this on day 1... like every console no matter which company makes it theres going to need tweaking  i am just happy so far all i  have seen wrong (and its very fews minor things)  can be fixed with a patch   which is alot better then having something major and need a hardware upgrade.

Again i know all the haters  bashed it being xbox tv and so on (and in part that was due to how they marketed it)  but  when i us it with kinect and all set up to your tv  cable box and so on i could not be happier that they forced kinect on us......

hell i heard it first had from pharaoh the other day when we were playing  his first day he did not even connect kinect  but after hearing every one that had it plugged in he went ahead amd   set it up to give it a try and was blown away ....

Yes i feel xb1 (also ps4) were pushed out a little bit ahead of time as im sure both company wanted to beat each other to the punch.  but i feel either route you picked ps4 or xb1 in the end we all got a solid gaming system  and im very happy xb1 turned out solid .  BF4  Looks amazing and play and flows very nice ....
from what i have heard of  forza people just cant believe how it looks and plays...

im happy every one here is happy and see you online

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:03 pm

My only complaint is the 'meh' voice recognition of the kinect, and the lack of a Crunchyroll/HBO GO app. Just those 2 apps missing is making me use my 360 just as much as my XBO at this point.

Everything else is totally amazing and I love everything about it.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I live alone, but I have no problems at all with using the voice feature.  I'm actually quite surprised at all the issues I see people talking about when trying to use it.  My setup must just work right for it.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:23 pm

The only issue I had with the voice recognition was when I had grooveshark snapped to the side playing music. I think I probably need to reconfigure the mic with the highest volume...I didn't give it the full beans during setup because, well, it's pretty freakin\' loud.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 ROWDYFLASH on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Only prob for me is xbox on or off always takes me to the help menu. How does off and help sound the same.

S7 ROWDYFLASH
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 ROWDYFLASH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:21 pm

S7 ROWDYFLASH wrote:Only prob for me is xbox on or off always takes me to the help menu. How does off and help sound the same.
Make sure to say "Xbox Turn Off" and not just Xbox Off.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:23 pm

My problem always comes with watching tv and changing channels/going to guide/etc. It's because me and the wife will alternate giving commands and I think this confuses it.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:34 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next