Gameplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gameplay

Post by Atrum on Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:33 pm

Anyone else notice how amazing the effects are? Like, when I sprint and jump into some water and climb out onto a partially submerged building, a tank blasts away the wall next to me and shakes the whole screen including water dynamically falling off objects - It's crazy.

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7825
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Xpert2010 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:01 pm

I need to start watching some gameplay.  Right now, my mind is set to not get the game right away or not at all.  Maybe seeing some awesome effects will help me change my mind.  This is a game that I think I really want to get, but I also feel uneasy about it because call of duty is the whore that everyone keeps wanting more of.

_________________

Current Xbox Game(s):
Current PC Game(s): Tales of Zestiria
Current 3DS Game(s):
Current Wii U Game(s):

Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1790
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 26
GamerTag : Xpert2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:...call of duty is the whore that everyone keeps wanting more of.
Kind of what I'm worried about at this point.  Seeing as how CoD is getting all the play right now and pretty much nothing is being done on BF4 gets me a little leary about getting it and then seeing 90% of the clan play on CoD.  I'm sure not going to get it if I think all I'm going to do is solo playing most of the time.

Regarding gameplay...I like what I've seen, it just comes down to how many people here are playing it.  Good thing is I planned on it being a digital download anyways, so I can just wait a bit to see if anybody is actually playing it and then just get it at that point.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Xpert2010 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:26 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:...call of duty is the whore that everyone keeps wanting more of.
Kind of what I'm worried about at this point.  Seeing as how CoD is getting all the play right now and pretty much nothing is being done on BF4 gets me a little leary about getting it and then seeing 90% of the clan play on CoD.  I'm sure not going to get it if I think all I'm going to do is solo playing most of the time.
Call of Duty just came out, so I can understand that everyone will probably be wanting to play that more than Battlefield 4 right now.  I'm just hoping that by the time Xbox One releases, that there will be people comitted to playing Battlefield.  We'll see.  I might end up getting it regardless, because when I get the Xbox One I wont have any games until the week after.  Forza 5 and Assassins Creed 4 are being delivered to my parents in Minnesota, who will be coming to visit me for Thanksgiving weekend.  I'd hate to have a Xbox One sitting in my apartment and no games to put in it for a week!

_________________

Current Xbox Game(s):
Current PC Game(s): Tales of Zestiria
Current 3DS Game(s):
Current Wii U Game(s):

Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1790
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 26
GamerTag : Xpert2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by S7 mrmiller on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:...call of duty is the whore that everyone keeps wanting more of.
Kind of what I'm worried about at this point.  Seeing as how CoD is getting all the play right now and pretty much nothing is being done on BF4 gets me a little leary about getting it and then seeing 90% of the clan play on CoD.  I'm sure not going to get it if I think all I'm going to do is solo playing most of the time.
Call of Duty just came out, so I can understand that everyone will probably be wanting to play that more than Battlefield 4 right now.  I'm just hoping that by the time Xbox One releases, that there will be people comitted to playing Battlefield.  We'll see.  I might end up getting it regardless, because when I get the Xbox One I wont have any games until the week after.  Forza 5 and Assassins Creed 4 are being delivered to my parents in Minnesota, who will be coming to visit me for Thanksgiving weekend.  I'd hate to have a Xbox One sitting in my apartment and no games to put in it for a week!
 You'll have Killer Instinct!

There does normally tend to be a following for BF4, and those members are pretty devoted. There may not be as many as for COD, but with the One coming out, it would be a great time to recruit more.

~mrmiller

_________________

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 6123
Join date : 2008-03-19
Location : Oklahoma
GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Xpert2010 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:41 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:...call of duty is the whore that everyone keeps wanting more of.
Kind of what I'm worried about at this point.  Seeing as how CoD is getting all the play right now and pretty much nothing is being done on BF4 gets me a little leary about getting it and then seeing 90% of the clan play on CoD.  I'm sure not going to get it if I think all I'm going to do is solo playing most of the time.
Call of Duty just came out, so I can understand that everyone will probably be wanting to play that more than Battlefield 4 right now.  I'm just hoping that by the time Xbox One releases, that there will be people comitted to playing Battlefield.  We'll see.  I might end up getting it regardless, because when I get the Xbox One I wont have any games until the week after.  Forza 5 and Assassins Creed 4 are being delivered to my parents in Minnesota, who will be coming to visit me for Thanksgiving weekend.  I'd hate to have a Xbox One sitting in my apartment and no games to put in it for a week!
 You'll have Killer Instinct!

There does normally tend to be a following for BF4, and those members are pretty devoted. There may not be as many as for COD, but with the One coming out, it would be a great time to recruit more.

~mrmiller
Killer Instinct is only a demo.  It would be pretty shameful if that was the only Xbox One game I "own" on release day. lol

_________________

Current Xbox Game(s):
Current PC Game(s): Tales of Zestiria
Current 3DS Game(s):
Current Wii U Game(s):

Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1790
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 26
GamerTag : Xpert2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Atrum on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:52 pm

I play BF4 on PC so it's not really a conflict for me. I've decided Battlefield will be my PC shooter, CoD will be my console shooter.

I would definitely advise getting it. It's pretty epic. I NEVER play through shooter single players (except halo and gears) but I'm loving the Campaign so far. Which is unusual for a BF game.

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7825
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by S7 DROOPY on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:54 pm

No one will play cod or bf4  once TITANFALL drops. Cod is getting kinda stale but imo bf4 is real hard to play solo or with just one or two people. Cod is easier to play period and you can play it solo or with a couple of people and usually have a good time . Imo bf4 suffers the same way halo does and follows rhe rush for the good weapons aka vehicle and then play. Plus the b4 server issues.i hope it changes for xb1

_________________

S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 3079
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 40
Location : Tulsa, Oklahoma
GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Xpert2010 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Yeah, you know, I might just get BF4.  The effects look great and combat looks fun, and I haven't played a modern military shooter in... a long time.

_________________

Current Xbox Game(s):
Current PC Game(s): Tales of Zestiria
Current 3DS Game(s):
Current Wii U Game(s):

Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1790
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 26
GamerTag : Xpert2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Atrum on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Get it on PC and we can play together! I play with friends from time to time but so far have just been hopping in solo on a favorite couple servers. TDM is actually pretty fun/crazy from time to time.

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7825
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Xpert2010 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:07 pm

AtrumX wrote:Get it on PC and we can play together! I play with friends from time to time but so far have just been hopping in solo on a favorite couple servers. TDM is actually pretty fun/crazy from time to time.
Bleh, I'll need to check the minimum/recomended requirements to run the game.  Right now I doubt my computer will be able to run the game at appealing graphical settings.

_________________

Current Xbox Game(s):
Current PC Game(s): Tales of Zestiria
Current 3DS Game(s):
Current Wii U Game(s):

Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1790
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 26
GamerTag : Xpert2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Atrum on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Time for a new PC! Yay!


PS: Mine runs it flawlessly - Nvidia 560ti, i5 3570k, 8GB RAM, Z77 mobo

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7825
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by S7 Sticky on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:31 pm

AtrumX wrote:Time for a new PC! Yay!


PS: Mine runs it flawlessly - Nvidia 560ti, i5 3570k, 8GB RAM, Z77 mobo
and if Expert wants AMD  

my Phenom 2 6 cores   with 560ti 8gb ram  works  flawlessly as well game looks epic on PC

_________________

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2008-11-10
Age : 28
Location : El Paso Tx
GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by S7 wonky on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:10 pm

xboxone and pc bf4 are the same game play wise graphics on pc of course will be better but not a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeee difference i'm getting it for xbox one and ive played bf3 until about 2 weeks ago and only the first 2 weeks were servers everrrr a problem and the new ones threw microsft and EA private servers should be nooo problem at all bf4 on xbox one it will be a win

_________________

S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 28
Location : palm beach,fl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Xpert2010 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:07 am

My computer does run AMD, and it's definitely not as good as Sticky's setup. And my computer doesn't quite meet the recommended requirements, although it is pretty close. I just might end up getting it for Xbox One.  My hand gets cramped from playing shooters on PC anyway. lol

_________________

Current Xbox Game(s):
Current PC Game(s): Tales of Zestiria
Current 3DS Game(s):
Current Wii U Game(s):

Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1790
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 26
GamerTag : Xpert2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Atrum on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:38 am

Xpert2010 wrote:My computer does run AMD, and it's definitely not as good as Sticky's setup. And my computer doesn't quite meet the recommended requirements, although it is pretty close. I just might end up getting it for Xbox One.  My hand gets cramped from playing shooters on PC anyway. lol
Yeah, if it's not to recommended I wouldn't. I'm sure it would play, but no reason to have a potentially sub-par experience.

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7825
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Xpert2010 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Yeah, when I see the issues that it's having on even high-end pc's I figured I'd just go for Xbox One, so I reserved it last night.  This game looks impressive and I figure if there is a modern military shooter that I would enjoy, then it would be this. I hope I am right.  If not, then I doubt I would ever pick up a military shooter EVER AGAIN!!!!

_________________

Current Xbox Game(s):
Current PC Game(s): Tales of Zestiria
Current 3DS Game(s):
Current Wii U Game(s):

Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1790
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 26
GamerTag : Xpert2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:Yeah, when I see the issues that it's having on even high-end pc's I figured I'd just go for Xbox One, so I reserved it last night.  This game looks impressive and I figure if there is a modern military shooter that I would enjoy, then it would be this. I hope I am right.  If not, then I doubt I would ever pick up a military shooter EVER AGAIN!!!!
You should like BF4 tons more than any COD game so don't be worried.  My first BF game was 3 and it was way better than any of the COD games that I played.  Only military shooter I like better than BF3 was GR:FS which is probably my favorite military shooter (that being said I never played GRAW/GRAW2).

_________________
~~Wife: Yup, I'd shoot you in the leg, cuz then we'd have a crawler.~~
~~Star Wars is like Dirty Dancing for dudes. Nobody puts Chewbacca in a corner, okay?~~
 photo skyrimsig.png
XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
Posts : 6735
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Hudsonville, MI
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:41 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum