New Photos Show How to Replace the PS4 Hard Drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Photos Show How to Replace the PS4 Hard Drive

Post by S7 Sticky on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:47 pm

Thats cool but leave rooms for alot of modders and hackers to mess around with 

At E3, Sony confirmed that the PlayStation 4 would allow owners to remove and upgrade the built-in hard drive, and now, we know how. PC enthusiast website Computer Bild has posted detailed photos of the PS4's removable housing and HDD tray. According to the post, the hard drive is housed underneath the glossy exterior panel on top of the device and can be removed via torx screwdriver. Like the PS3, the system uses a 2.5" laptop hard drive, which should enable users to upgrade the system with a solid state drive, provided they're willing to go through the trouble and incur the expense.

Image Credit: Computer Bild
Will you upgrade your PS4's hard drive? If so, will you spring for an SSD? Sound off in the comments below.

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Photos Show How to Replace the PS4 Hard Drive

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:27 am

Meh, modders/hackers will always be there.  A friend of mine has been using a modded Xbox 360 for years.  I don't remember the last time he actually bought a game and has pretty much every game that has ever come out for it.  That's one reason I don't mind the "always online" requirement of many of the games that will be coming out soon.  Server side saves will eliminate much of the crap that goes on in games.

Just look at games like Borderlands and Diablo 3 for example.  If they had server side saves and people couldn't mod those saves locally then there wouldn't be the rampant modding/duping issues that they have in those games and so many games like them.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:37 am

Well, there is always potential for modding even with server side saves. It would definitely cut down on it.

However, you don't necessarily have to be modding to want to swap out the HDD. Putting a SSD in would make the system much faster. I actually think Sony would have been smarter to knock their price up to $500 to match the XBO and add a SSD. That would make it a closer call for me.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:37 am

AtrumX wrote:
. I actually think Sony would have been smarter to knock their price up to $500 to match the XBO and add a SSD. That would make it a closer call for me.
agreed that would have been EPIC
im shocked that both system still use crappy hhd  i know its to keep cost down but god are they slow

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:54 am

Swapping out the HD is something I actually wish the XB1 would have allowed.  Having the option to put in an SSD would have been very nice.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:49 pm

It would suck to have to pay for one HDD and then buy another to replace it. What do I do with the one I removed? Oh yeah, it goes in my closet-o-computershit to collect dust with the rest of my obsolete hardware I have no idea what to do with. I agree with Atrum totally. I would be way more tempted if they did that.

S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top