The future of the XBone...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The future of the XBone...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue May 28, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm not so sure I like where MS is headed with some of this stuff...

Content stops if unlicensed viewers are detected.

Kinect could police who watches films at home

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by S7 Interseptor on Tue May 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Old news. I think the technology is there but I doubt it will actually be implemented. If they do use stuff like this, that would totally suck. All this big brother sh1t is pretty weak.

_________________
"Console A sucks! Console B is way better and never has problems!
I don't know how to build a cheap PC that out performs both! Rabble rabble!!"


Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Posts : 8540
Join date : 2008-03-21
Age : 37
Location : Kosciusko, MS
GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue May 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Yeah, it's old news, but I think the news about you not being able to disconnect the new Kinect has definitely fueled the fire on stuff like this. I hope it just turns out to be a patent they filed and will never use, but this is MS we're talking about. They already record and listen to Skype, there's no reason for me to think they'll stop there.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by S7 Interseptor on Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Yeah, that article you linked was from November. I have not heard anything recent.

_________________
"Console A sucks! Console B is way better and never has problems!
I don't know how to build a cheap PC that out performs both! Rabble rabble!!"


Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Posts : 8540
Join date : 2008-03-21
Age : 37
Location : Kosciusko, MS
GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by S7 Epic on Tue May 28, 2013 4:10 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Yeah, it's old news, but I think the news about you not being able to disconnect the new Kinect has definitely fueled the fire on stuff like this. I hope it just turns out to be a patent they filed and will never use, but this is MS we're talking about. They already record and listen to Skype, there's no reason for me to think they'll stop there.

You can turn all that stuff off - the kinect at least, not sure about the mic but I'd guess so since it's in the kinect unit...I think. Massive oversight on MS' part for not making that obvious at the time though.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3130
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 28
Location : Leeds, UK
GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue May 28, 2013 5:30 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Yeah, it's old news, but I think the news about you not being able to disconnect the new Kinect has definitely fueled the fire on stuff like this. I hope it just turns out to be a patent they filed and will never use, but this is MS we're talking about. They already record and listen to Skype, there's no reason for me to think they'll stop there.

You can turn all that stuff off - the kinect at least, not sure about the mic but I'd guess so since it's in the kinect unit...I think. Massive oversight on MS' part for not making that obvious at the time though.

You can turn the camera off, not the microphone. And if you disconnect the Kinect completely, you won't be playing anything.

Here's a quote from Tim Vines, director at Civil Liberties Australia...

"Microsoft's new Xbox meets the definition of a surveillance device under some Australian laws, so they need to be upfront and tell customers whether anyone else can intercept their information or remotely access their device," Vines said.

Now obviously this is all speculation at this point due to MS being so tight lipped about any of it, but it's not a good start so far. I REALLY hope they address some of these concerns at E3.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by Atrum on Tue May 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Interesting issue. No one has time for monitoring that type of thing anyway, but the idea behind it should spark some interesting talks. I assume it'll be diffused at e3, if not it might get some more 'main stream' air time once the bigger networks hear "unless disabled, someone could hop on and watch a video stream of your bedroom" lol

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7824
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by S7 Epic on Tue May 28, 2013 5:48 pm

http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-kinect-can-turn-off-microsoft-says-noting-510100564

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3130
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 28
Location : Leeds, UK
GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue May 28, 2013 5:56 pm

S7 Epic wrote:http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-kinect-can-turn-off-microsoft-says-noting-510100564

It sure is interesting to see so many different contradicting articles, lol. I guess really, in the end, there's no point in any of this until E3. If questions are still lingering after that, then there should be some real worries.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Tue May 28, 2013 8:05 pm

AtrumX wrote:Interesting issue. No one has time for monitoring that type of thing anyway, but the idea behind it should spark some interesting talks. I assume it'll be diffused at e3, if not it might get some more 'main stream' air time once the bigger networks hear "unless disabled, someone could hop on and watch a video stream of your bedroom" lol

Screw candy, pediphiles will be handing out XB1 to the kids now.

_________________
~~Wife: Yup, I'd shoot you in the leg, cuz then we'd have a crawler.~~
~~Star Wars is like Dirty Dancing for dudes. Nobody puts Chewbacca in a corner, okay?~~
 photo skyrimsig.png
XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
Posts : 6735
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Hudsonville, MI
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by S7 Sticky on Tue May 28, 2013 8:31 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:]

Screw candy, pediphiles will be handing out XB1 to the kids now.


LOL/win

_________________

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2008-11-10
Age : 28
Location : El Paso Tx
GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Wed May 29, 2013 5:08 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote:]

Screw candy, pediphiles will be handing out XB1 to the kids now.


LOL/win

No, it's really fail but I understand what you're saying.

_________________
~~Wife: Yup, I'd shoot you in the leg, cuz then we'd have a crawler.~~
~~Star Wars is like Dirty Dancing for dudes. Nobody puts Chewbacca in a corner, okay?~~
 photo skyrimsig.png
XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
Posts : 6735
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Hudsonville, MI
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The future of the XBone...

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:13 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum