MOH Blows

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MOH Blows

Post by Air7Cav on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Got MOH yesterday and started campaign. Started out ok until I got to the Pursuit mission - then it went to hell in a handbasket. Sad

SPOLIER ALERT!! K1ll3rKlown

Pursuit mission has you driving a car through some docks then into a Pak town to pursue a guy in an SUV that has some valuable intell. Not bad except that you have to literally steer the driver's wheel (unlike other vehicle models) and the visualization randomly switches from front view to rear view without user input. WTF!!!! First, the steering is crazy as you try to navigate busy streets, crowded back alleys and markets. And whenever you hit something substantial (and you will) it spins you all the way around. Now this is while you are trying to beat the clock (a progress bar that indicates whether your target is in sight or not) to keep up with your target. As much as it was a pain (I had to switch from normal to Easy mode and decrease my sensitivity to 0) you at least could fight your way to checkpoints and save your self some frustration by not going back to the mission start. Now here's the killer - along the way, your user view starts randomly switching from front windshield to rear window while you are driving frantically to keep up with your target and eventually nudge him with your vehicle to spin him out to a stop. Of course you can't because you keep looking out your rear window at critical times as you slam into something else and he gets away!!!!!! HUGE GLITCH!!! Shocked If I said WTF once, I said it a hundred times.

Taking this back if I don't see a patch within the next couple of days. Mad

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MOH Blows

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:03 pm

If you are really serious about taking it back then you might as well take it back. If there wasn't a release patch then you won't see one for a while. This of course assumes you are playing on the 360.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:41 pm

That sounds very frustrating. It doesn't make any sense to have the camera look behind you while you're driving forward through crowded areas while also chasing someone... unless someone started chasing you, but still, the option to change the camera in this case should be left up to the player. If it sounds as bad as you say it is, then I don't see how that could even pass testing lol. Unless you're doing something that's causing the camera change that you don't even know your doing.

Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:That sounds very frustrating. It doesn't make any sense to have the camera look behind you while you're driving forward through crowded areas while also chasing someone... unless someone started chasing you, but still, the option to change the camera in this case should be left up to the player. If it sounds as bad as you say it is, then I don't see how that could even pass testing lol. Unless you're doing something that's causing the camera change that you don't even know your doing.

I was thinking the same thing. Is it possible you were somehow causing the view change unknowingly? Can anyone else confirm this? I can't beleive the game would ship as broken as you describe it.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Valid points but .... There is no controller input (button, stick, trigger, etc.) to shift the camera view from front to rear - camera view is only to the front. And after having it happen to me randomly over close to 50+ run-thrus, I have no other way to explain it other than it is a glitch they missed. Note - I didn't have the default setup for my controller ... they may have missed in testing my unique setup and option settings. I'm going to try again tonight and see if it is better or different. Not interested in MP as much so taking it back would be no great loss - Halo 4 and BO2 are right around the corner.

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:36 pm

That really sucks to have a game you're geeked about have a crappy glitch like that. Hopefully it's just something weird that passes or can be fixed easily for you.

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:04 pm

just finished the game...

i did not run into any problems at all with looking back without me touching the left thumbstick to do so..

only thing i found wrong but its an easy fix is its to dark at places fixed buy bumping up the light...
also sound FX sometimes overpowers people talking so you dont here what to do.

ALL AND ALL

its a very nice story line and keeps you going to the end!!!! i would tell people on the fence about it dont buy it just rent it the story line alone is well worth it ....

MP
is epic win me and nate were playing in there and none stop pwning playing about 20 games lost 2 out of those... there is clan matchs hosted in game for this but we need 6 people to start one so i hope some of you pick it up =)

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:34 pm

literally laughed my ass off reading that description Air...
Should have played Forza, you'd know how to control your vehicle Soldier!!!...LOL

S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:27 am

Maybe it was the controller you were using - are the sticks drifting yet due to wearing out? In many games I find myself walking forward unintentionally because I guess I crush the sticks forward on some games.

S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:46 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:Maybe it was the controller you were using - are the sticks drifting yet due to wearing out? In many games I find myself walking forward unintentionally because I guess I crush the sticks forward on some games.

I was thinking the same thing, as I have several sticks that do that. There was no sitting still in Skyrim as my character would always drift a little and kept moving. It can make it frustrating on games with a sensitive menu as well, as you're always selecting the wrong thing. I seem to be hard on the thumbsticks to where either they drift or they are super sensitive to "click" and I'm pressing the R3 or L3 on accident a lot.

~mrmiller

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Cool and Miller, that thought came to me too. I just got a new controller and will switch it out to try and see if there is a difference.

Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Stick drift in SKYRIM!!! is a b1tch when you're picking locks and you're using a character who's short on skill and picks. Can't tell you how many I busted on accident.

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down