New Rig Incoming...

:: General :: PC Games

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Rig Incoming...

Post by Atrum on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Very nice. My future plan for the pc:
-Work on aesthetics
-Upgrade CPU when next gen i series is out (Also new cooling system)
-Upgrade Video Card when next gen is out
-Double ram after previous 2 upgrades

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:00 pm

AtrumX wrote:Very nice. My future plan for the pc:
-Work on aesthetics
-Upgrade CPU when next gen i series is out (Also new cooling system)
-Upgrade Video Card when next gen is out
-Double ram after previous 2 upgrades

I'd like to do some individual wire sleeving on the PSU (and all other wires) and maybe some lighting, we'll see how stuff looks once together.

Also, if there's space, I think I'll eventually watercool - then I have the gear for all future builds, CPU block plus new tubing isn't much of an expense every 4-5 years.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:11 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
I'd like to do some individual wire sleeving on the PSU (and all other wires) and maybe some lighting, we'll see how stuff looks once together.

Also, if there's space, I think I'll eventually watercool - then I have the gear for all future builds, CPU block plus new tubing isn't much of an expense every 4-5 years.

I need to route some of my big wires better. I still have to add a splitter for fan power and attach my other HD's so wire management isn't done. A sleeve is a good idea though.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Rig is here and built, just installing drivers and shizz atm, then bed.

Got some cables to try and hide better - though I'm not sure I'll be able to, the case is designed to rotate the mobo 90 degrees but it's like they forgot they were doing that and left the cable tidy holes as they were, so most are covered and all the big cables come through the bottom tray. That said, if I get some clips and stuff then I might me able to work some magic.

Got a lighting system on the way, so will be cool to see that in. Also, I THINK I should be able to fit the two GTX 680's in. It's going to be tight but due to the case design, the effects shouldn't be too bad.

Pics to come tomorrow. This thing is amazingly fast btw...

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Ok, so pics are incoming but my upload speed sucks and the last upload only had half the pics, I'll probably just use a Flickr album this time. Some were at night oo, so I wan't to get some decently lit ones.

Anyway, tomorrow (Saturday) I have one of the GTX 680 Lightnings coming - the second one is pre-ordered and will be another 2/3 weeks, so I thought I'd get the first one in and then do some new pictures - I'll leave the cabling until the second GPU, cable clips and LED strips arrive and then do some more pics of the 'complete build'. Oh, and I need a 2.5"->3.5" HDD holder for my SSD.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:09 pm

S7 Epic wrote:Rig is here and built, just installing drivers and shizz atm, then bed.

Got some cables to try and hide better - though I'm not sure I'll be able to, the case is designed to rotate the mobo 90 degrees but it's like they forgot they were doing that and left the cable tidy holes as they were, so most are covered and all the big cables come through the bottom tray. That said, if I get some clips and stuff then I might me able to work some magic.

Got a lighting system on the way, so will be cool to see that in. Also, I THINK I should be able to fit the two GTX 680's in. It's going to be tight but due to the case design, the effects shouldn't be too bad.

Pics to come tomorrow. This thing is amazingly fast btw...

congratz epic cant wait to see the pics sounds like a solid rig

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Still lots of wire tidying to do. I love the case but it sucks for hiding wires. I'll get around to it eventually but fully sleeving all the wires is both costly and time consuming, so I'm in no rush.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Looks like a beast epic.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:03 pm

epic that looks....epic

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Gets 10k on 3DMark 11 with everything at stock. With the second GPU and some OCing, I should be seeing 15-20k, possibly more if I max everything out.

I think this is easily my favourite build so far. The case is gorgeous in person, everything is really quiet throughout daily use and very, very fast (thanks SSD!). Also, I can boot to a usable desktop in under 5 seconds.

That ASUS sound card is the absolute shizz too. Everything sounds so much better....then, you play some FLAC/HD Audio and its just beautiful.

I got a 10m HDMI cable from eBay too, so I now have my TV as a 3rd monitor for when I want to watch SC2 streams, Netflix, etc.

@ Atrum: How you liking the mobo so far? You using the RAM utility and InstantBoot? They're both great but with the RAM disk thing, you sometimes need to turn it off during software installs as 512mb is the max size it will let you create, which evidently isn't enough to store the necessary TEMP files.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:54 pm

I use InstantBoot which is pretty sweet. Haven't messed with the ram utility at all yet. Been getting my cisco rack setup at this new house so that's taken up a lot of time.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2