E class car?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: E class car?

Post by S7 Coolhand on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Back to the leaderboard car thing - so on F class the "leaderboard" car was the Spark, but if you scrolled down the leaderboard far enough... directly after the Spark you would see that the Elan dominated as the 2nd best, yet at least three of us used that. IMO unless you are consistantly winning races I wouldn't listen to anyone's sh1t about using the top car. That's like people that b1tch in CoD because you use a good weapon. If it is that great then use it yourself! What, your game didn't come with that?

Husker made a good point in "how far down do you have to go?" So Spark was best, followed by Elan. So is 2nd best ok or need to go to the 3rd best? I'm sure at some point the glut of cars start to be very similar, but the top few cars tend to sit above the others, not just one.

I for one have no qualms with using car I think gives me the best shot. Maybe if I start winning some races I'll consider handycapping myself by using an inferior car, but until then I'll run whatever I want. And it is not a leaderboard car unless you have a leaderboard tune for that track. One tune may make a top time on a curvy track but get roasted on one with straights. Again, use whatever you want to use and tell the whiners to suck it.

S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:37 pm

When it comes to the "leader board car" that only refers to the one car that dominates the top spots of the leader board. Yes a lot of use frown on it but you can still use it. It is not banned it's just looked at as a cop out. There are lots of cars be original and pick any of the ones other than the one that is showed to you as an (OP) leader board car. As far as buying tunes from the marketplace that is fine. I know if you are interested in learning there are calculators you can use to tune your car just plug in the numbers and make the changes that it tells you to do.

Clan Founder
We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

A lot of the harassment against people using 'leaderboard' cars is an attempt to stress variation. Obviously anyone can use the cars they want, but it's nice how things are now. We don't see 12 sparks, or even 12 elans. We see a huge mixup of cars. And honestly, even though some cars hot lap well they are not viable in races.

I know I'm fairly set on using the Elan for the fast tracks, the citroen c1 for twisty tracks, and I'm still nailing down my middle track car. (It's looking to either still be the c1, or possibly the abarth)

On the leaderboard car note, both the elan and c1 aren't the 'top car' but are around the top for every track. I chose them because epic said good things about the c1, and I liked how the f-class elan raced.

@Pooty
Don't worry at all about downloading tunes, paint jobs, etc. Most guys start that way. Heck, wiggles was doing that for an unknown amount of tournaments when he first started (and still probably does Twisted Evil ) It's just part of learning the game. Once you know how you like cars to handle better then get with someone like me, glock, zak, etc and we can tell you what all the different things do when tuning if you want to try tweaking a car to your style.

Until then, just be sure you have a car ready. If someone gives you sh1t, don't take it too hard. I usually just change the subject to wiggles going for a world record no-sex record or asking Charles what's on the nursing homes menu tonight.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:08 pm

PootyPoo22 wrote:I know I'm a little late in joining this conversation, but here's my take on the whole leaderboard car thing. It seems to me that, in this clan, if you don't do all the upgrades and tuning yourself, you're a noob and will be harassed accordingly. I'll come right out and admit that I have yet to do that for a single car in any event I've participated in.

Wanna know why? I'm not good at it. I have no idea what most of the sh1t you can adjust for tuning even does to the car. And honestly I don't really care that much. I just want to be competitive. I'm like Cole Trickle in Days of Thunder. I don't care how it works, just make it go fast and have decent handling. And since I don't know how to make a car do that myself, I use the Marketplace.

I don't play this game because I'm a gearhead. I play this game because i like cars, love racing, and enjoy playing with all you guys. Also, I'm not going to have any fun if I'm not competitive. So if my prep time for race night consists of the 1-2 hours before we start, I'm probably going to look at the leaderboards, scroll down a bit, and pick a car that's somewhere close to the top.

Maybe someday I'll take the time to learn about tuning but as of right now I don't really have that kind of time.

Nothing wrong with that. There are a lot of guys who don't know how to tune their own cars. Lots of guys who don't paint cars either. All of that is perfectly fine. We don't force anyone to make their own cars and we don't force off any of the assists aside from Autobrake. We welcome all players of all skill levels. In fact, we only force off Autobrake because it was causing wreaks by the 1 or two guys that were using it. We don't force manual or cockpit view either. Why? Because we want everybody to race how they are most comfortable and at the skill level they are accustomed.

As for leaderboard cars, there is no rule against using them. We just look down on them because often, the leaderboard car is much faster than any other car in the class. Sometimes to an unfair and unrealistic degree. The Lotus Elan from Forza 2 and Datsun 510 from Forza 3 are good examples. These cars were much faster that other cars with the same PI (Performance Index) due to a glitch with the games code. So to avoid any conflict we usually stay away from the leaderboard cars as a rule. That is also why people will give you sh1t if you show up in one. (and it's not just us, you can and will get kicked from a public lobby for racing a leaderboard car). The community in general looks down on them as being "unfair".

Also keep in mind that when we give people sh1t for any reason, it is usually in good fun. Friendly bickering between friends and we are all friends here. People will give you sh1t for a lot of reasons too. Something you say, the paint color you choose, a particular phrase you use often... you name it. But it's all in good fun. Just friends getting together and ripping on each other. Nothing to be taken too seriously. Like in the last Tourney, we all gave you sh1t about using the Chevy Spark but no one was actually upset by it. We were just having fun.

Bottom line: Any skill, any driving preference is welcome. DL cars and paint jobs all you want. It's all good. Just make sure at the end of the day you had fun racing.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Riff Raff on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Use the tuning calculator... after three or four times using it, you won't need it anymore. You learn.

S7 Riff Raff
Private First Class
Private First Class

GamerTag : S7 Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Riff Raff on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Oh. And another thing. ANY car can be at the top spot... Some a$$hole happened to get first with a spark, every other no talent ass-clown used it because it was a leaderboard car... You know what i do? Tune a car to beat that d@mn spark... In Forza 3 i did the same thing against the gay ass Datsun 510.

Just wait till A and S class when everybody in the Tourney is using a Lotus Exige.... Except me.

S7 Riff Raff
Private First Class
Private First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 pm

S7 Riff Raff wrote:Oh. And another thing. ANY car can be at the top spot... Some a$$hole happened to get first with a spark, every other no talent ass-clown used it because it was a leaderboard car... You know what i do? Tune a car to beat that d@mn spark... In Forza 3 i did the same thing against the gay ass Datsun 510.

Just wait till A and S class when everybody in the Tourney is using a Lotus Exige.... Except me.

Is the exige really the S class leaderboard car? I've had mine on our garage since day 1, that's a bit disappointing. I'll still use it as I had it before it was cool lol

Also i would agree that a lot of cars can post good times, there are always a good 5-6 that are just faster and handle better than the rest.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Riff Raff on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:40 am

Its an Exige and an Evora... Either way, Lotus's are dominating.

S7 Riff Raff
Private First Class
Private First Class

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top