wireless headsets... Tritton Warhead delayed until 3/15/2011... TB's XP500 best option?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wireless headsets... Tritton Warhead delayed until 3/15/2011... TB's XP500 best option?

Post by S7 Coolhand on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:34 pm

The Tritton Warhead 7.1 headset release date has been pushed back to 3/15/2011. Major bummer! I do not want to wait that long, so I'm trying to decide on an alternative.

I have found these: Turtle Beach XP500
They are totally wireless using a Bluetooth adapter on the controller... similar to the PS3 version the PX5, but comes with the Xbox adapter. They run off AA batteries which is fine for me since I run my controllers off rechargeable AA batteries already. They also work with the PS3. I can't find anything that says they definitely work on PC but being Bluetooth I find it hard to believe they would not. My other concern is whether or not I will be able to use them on the next generation Xbox.

So... $270 direct from TB or $250 from Amazon and available right now. Totally wireless. I can still use my rechargeable batteries. Should be compatible with anything (unlike the Warheads). Basically the same I was going to pay for the Warheads.

What do you guys think? Anyone think they are trash or offer any opinion? I realize they are expensive but price isn't a concern - I've been planning on dropping some change on a headset for a long time. Thanks in advance for your input.

S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wireless headsets... Tritton Warhead delayed until 3/15/2011... TB's XP500 best option?

Post by S7 Interseptor on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:45 pm

I don't know much about then but they look pretty nice. Seems like a good choice to me and I have been pretty impressed with my kids TB's so I think they will be a good choice.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wireless headsets... Tritton Warhead delayed until 3/15/2011... TB's XP500 best option?

Post by S7 mrmiller on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:58 pm

You should be able to use anything with any system that has the optical audio out going to the transmitter. The worst thing would be that you might need to go from wireless to the controller back to wired to the controller on the next gen. That is unless the next gen is bluetooth or they make another adapter. I've looked at this one too, and am going to get it if my current ones fail.

~mrmiller

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Just ordered. $249.99 from Amazon - $50 gift card = $199.99! Hope to have it by the 8th. I'll post a review after I get it and try it out, but essentially it is the same as the PX5 that was geared toward PS3, just with green Xboxish stuff on it, and that one has received great reviews.

S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:14 am

Those look badass... I want me some.

S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

View user profile http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Yea, give me a review. I don't really play the PS3, but it would cool to have a headset that works on both.

~mrmiller

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chilipepper sc on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Amazon UK says 31st Jan....so still have a little faith, although the delays are making me vry sceptical of the quality of this coming product.....

has anyone tested, been given a preview or even seen a working prototype?

chilipepper sc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Unless you really care about having them completely wireless, I still think Astro's are the way to go...or at least the mixamp.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DerangeMaverick on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:06 pm

I just bought the AX720s right now. Oh well. See you guys online. I was going ot go astros i just couldnt spend over 100 on headset. I have these so ill try them out. The wires wont bother me and if anythign i might get that mixamp later on.

DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : DerangeMaverick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:35 pm

I got a set of the XP500's for Xmas and I love them. I'm pretty sure the Bluetooth works with any Bluetooth capable products (the directions show how to set it up with your iPod). The sound is great and the wireless chat is really nice. I upgraded from some X32's so it's a HUGE difference. I'm not really familiar with the Astros or Tritons so this is kind of a biased opinion but that's my two bits.

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:04 am

Well here I am still waiting around on the warheads because I heard that there was issues with wifi and the xp500's but now it looks as though TB has released another headset that might be worthy, the xp400. They are set for release on April 11th. I still haven't seen a date on the warheads. I think I am going buy the first one to hit the market because I am tired of waiting and my wired x11's are getting on my nerves.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-xp400.aspx

I really like the ability of the bluetooth to pair with my iphone so if I get a call when I am gaming I can answer it and still play at the same time.

S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

View user profile http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:40 pm

S7 SecurityGuy wrote:Well here I am still waiting around on the warheads because I heard that there was issues with wifi and the xp500's but now it looks as though TB has released another headset that might be worthy, the xp400. They are set for release on April 11th. I still haven't seen a date on the warheads. I think I am going buy the first one to hit the market because I am tired of waiting and my wired x11's are getting on my nerves.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-xp400.aspx

I really like the ability of the bluetooth to pair with my iphone so if I get a call when I am gaming I can answer it and still play at the same time.

Have had no issues with my XP500s and they have that bluetooth phone feature too which works very well. Difference I see between the 500 and 400 are the 400 has built in rechargeable battery while the 500 takes 2 AAs (I use rechargeables). The transmitter thing on mine stands upright and has a metal deal to rest the headphones on when not in use while the 400s have a horizontal transmitter thing. Also, the price difference looks to be $50.00. If I could do it over I would probably go with the 400s unless there are feature differences I'm missing and as long as you can charge and play at the same time, but I'm very pleased with my 500s. Glad I didn't wait around for those Tritton/Madcats.

S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:12 am

I agree with Luke about the 500's. I got a pair for xmas and I have no complaints about them. I bought an Engergizer AA/AAA 4 batter charger a couple years ago so I have four AAs that I keep two in the headset and then charge the others when I have to change them.

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top