Banning for buttons in clan tag...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 am

Just a heads up for anybody that is doing, or knows anybody doing this, be aware that you may be banned from Xbox Live for it.

I tried to post a link to the thread on the CoD forums about it, but apparently I'm not allowed to post links.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Husker, this is actually not something we do around here...
I know it doesn't provide any advantages during the match, but it just gives a bad impression in the lobby and we prefer to not do those types of childish things. It just makes you look like a cheater/booster clan (again, though I realize you get nothing from it but a chance to look "really cool" Rolling Eyes Sarcasm).

_________________


S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2008-03-18
Age : 45
Location : Upper Marlboro, Maryland
GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:33 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Husker, this is actually not something we do around here...
I know it doesn't provide any advantages during the match, but it just gives a bad impression in the lobby and we prefer to not do those types of childish things. It just makes you look like a cheater/booster clan (again, though I realize you get nothing from it but a chance to look "really cool" Rolling Eyes Sarcasm).

Good deal. I figured as much, but thought it might be worth a mention anyways. I've seen a ton of these tags in lobbies and it's annoying as hell to me.

OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-11-10
Age : 41
Location : Austin, TX
GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 Sticky on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:27 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Husker, this is actually not something we do around here...
I know it doesn't provide any advantages during the match, but it just gives a bad impression in the lobby and we prefer to not do those types of childish things. It just makes you look like a cheater/booster clan (again, though I realize you get nothing from it but a chance to look "really cool" Rolling Eyes Sarcasm).

Good deal. I figured as much, but thought it might be worth a mention anyways. I've seen a ton of these tags in lobbies and it's annoying as hell to me.

it is always a good idea to post it up
and if you ever have any question please feel free to PM a clan officer

clan officer names are Red or yellow on the forums
normal members are green

_________________

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2008-11-10
Age : 28
Location : El Paso Tx
GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 SecurityGuy on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:08 pm

I freaking hate that shyt I am soooo glad they are banning for it.

_________________

S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1210
Join date : 2010-02-25
Age : 40
Location : Athens Ga
GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

View user profile http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 Nate on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:17 am

S7 SecurityGuy wrote:I freaking hate that shyt I am soooo glad they are banning for it.

agreed. i report every single one of them I come across

_________________
Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Founder

S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Posts : 1507
Join date : 2008-03-27
Age : 34
Location : Houston, TX
GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 mrmiller on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:09 am

Well, when I see someone who has already prestiged and they have the buttons in thier tag, I don't think they are good but that they are hackers/glitchers.

~mrmiller

_________________

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 6123
Join date : 2008-03-19
Location : Oklahoma
GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 SecurityGuy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:15 am

You would think that they could patch that so that the hackers couldn't do it...I mean that was in MOD 2 so its not like they were not aware of the hack.

_________________

S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1210
Join date : 2010-02-25
Age : 40
Location : Athens Ga
GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

View user profile http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 mrmiller on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 am

S7 SecurityGuy wrote:You would think that they could patch that so that the hackers couldn't do it...I mean that was in MOD 2 so its not like they were not aware of the hack.

Do you remember how they fixed the mods/hacks in MW2?

~mrmiller

_________________

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 6123
Join date : 2008-03-19
Location : Oklahoma
GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 Sticky on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:18 am

eithere way i pwn them =)

_________________

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2008-11-10
Age : 28
Location : El Paso Tx
GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 SecurityGuy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:37 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:
S7 SecurityGuy wrote:You would think that they could patch that so that the hackers couldn't do it...I mean that was in MOD 2 so its not like they were not aware of the hack.

Do you remember how they fixed the mods/hacks in MW2?

~mrmiller

LOL They didn't.

_________________

S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1210
Join date : 2010-02-25
Age : 40
Location : Athens Ga
GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

View user profile http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:08 am

Yeah, I was thinking that the buttons in the clan tags were only available to the hackers/glitchers. They should just get XBL to boot them or ban them for a month or something. It's pretty crap that people can't just play the game and have fun.

_________________
~~Wife: Yup, I'd shoot you in the leg, cuz then we'd have a crawler.~~
~~Star Wars is like Dirty Dancing for dudes. Nobody puts Chewbacca in a corner, okay?~~
 photo skyrimsig.png
XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
Posts : 6735
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Hudsonville, MI
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 JKingTheGreat on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:39 pm

I dont see why they dont allow colored clan tags. the original COD allowed this.

S7 JKingTheGreat

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 27
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio
GamerTag : JKingTheGreat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 Sticky on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:57 pm

on the very first COD (pc) it was also a mod but on the pc mods are every were


know if it was like the cod xbox version were you could put red/blue in your clan tag and it would change then ya thats fine as i came from the maker


but using a program on a pc to put on a flashdrive is gay

_________________

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2008-11-10
Age : 28
Location : El Paso Tx
GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 mrmiller on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 pm

S7 JKingTheGreat wrote:I dont see why they dont allow colored clan tags. the original COD allowed this.

This is an option for the clans on Elite. I think it is a clan reward or something.

~mrmiller

_________________

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 6123
Join date : 2008-03-19
Location : Oklahoma
GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 Coolhand on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:21 pm

I have no clue what you are talking about. What are buttons in the clan tag?

_________________

S7 Coolhand

Posts : 5771
Join date : 2010-02-25
Age : 36
Location : Oklahoma City
GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:19 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:I have no clue what you are talking about. What are buttons in the clan tag?

You've seen them before, douchecanoes that have ABXY (or some combo) for their clan tag in the game, with the letters looking like the colored buttons on the xbox controller. This is nothing new, same cheating, same retards doing it, just a new game.

_________________
~~Wife: Yup, I'd shoot you in the leg, cuz then we'd have a crawler.~~
~~Star Wars is like Dirty Dancing for dudes. Nobody puts Chewbacca in a corner, okay?~~
 photo skyrimsig.png
XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
Posts : 6735
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Hudsonville, MI
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by S7 Coolhand on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:46 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:I have no clue what you are talking about. What are buttons in the clan tag?

You've seen them before, douchecanoes that have ABXY (or some combo) for their clan tag in the game, with the letters looking like the colored buttons on the xbox controller. This is nothing new, same cheating, same retards doing it, just a new game.
Oh yeah forgot about those. Yep, hacky moddy cheaters... I report them if I'm not too busy.

_________________

S7 Coolhand

Posts : 5771
Join date : 2010-02-25
Age : 36
Location : Oklahoma City
GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banning for buttons in clan tag...

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:49 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum