Ai

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ai

Post by Atrum on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:30 pm

I'm very impressed by the ai. Been doing some r class career stuff now that I'm in the final season and it is rough. I think every race that I've won I have set new personal track records. Also as an FYI past driver level 50 you get 100,000+ credits for each level up. I'm interested in seeing how much it goes up around level 100

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ai

Post by S7 Epic on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:57 pm

The AI really piss me off. Technically, the AI is pretty decent but I often find that they just get in the way at corners and make moves that aren't exactly the cleanest. Plus, for some races, if you aren't up into 2nd or 3rd after a few corners, it is almost impossible to catch them - at least in the 3 lap races.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:32 pm

S7 Epic wrote:The AI really piss me off. Technically, the AI is pretty decent but I often find that they just get in the way at corners and make moves that aren't exactly the cleanest. Plus, for some races, if you aren't up into 2nd or 3rd after a few corners, it is almost impossible to catch them - at least in the 3 lap races.

That's why I enjoy it actually. I think the turn 10 team stepped it up from cookie cutter "race te best line" ai. Now my races really do feel like our tourneys. Because really if you give someone like glock a 400ft lead you'll have to be extremely impressive to catch up.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Yeah but it's annoying when you're a lot faster but the track isn't one where you can overtake. You [used to] see it all the time in F1. Certain circuits, if you were behind somebody, you just couldn't get past. I feel the same is true about Forza 4.

Also, I kinda feel the slipstreaming a little weaker than it should be but thats more of a mechanical complaint than one about the ai.

I do agree that you have to keep on your toes though. The AI are nowhere near as bad at braking as they used to be and if you go wide, they'll be straight past.

Tbh, I think that if the AI were better on the faster corners then it would be a real challenge to beat them. Or is it just me and my uber grippy cars...?

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:56 pm

I have noticed certain corners are way easy to gain ground on. Still very happy overall.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:58 pm

I think the AI mirrors the AI character bios. When you look at the description of the AI characters, they actually race like the bios say they do. The aggressive ones try to run you off the road and trade paint with you and the meek ones are afraid you're going to run them over. I agree that this makes the game more fun and challenging because there's more variety in the AI.

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:19 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I think the AI mirrors the AI character bios. When you look at the description of the AI characters, they actually race like the bios say they do. The aggressive ones try to run you off the road and trade paint with you and the meek ones are afraid you're going to run them over. I agree that this makes the game more fun and challenging because there's more variety in the AI.

I disagree that it adds variety as the aggressive ones are always the ones at the front.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:55 am

For those of use that aren't always at the front of the pack, we see a variety of AI drivers as we have to move through the pack. Everything looks the same when you're looking back from the front.

XBL GT: S7 SockPuppet / PSN ID: DeadSockPuppet
Current  Command: 1st Time Daddy
Clan Command History: Gears of War 3 XO, MW3 Warrant Officer W2
Current PS4 Games: Destiny, Fallout 4, R6 Siege, Uncharted Drake Collection, The Division
Current Xbox 360 Games: None

DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:18 am

I agree that the AI is much improved. Between that and the fact that the AI cars are upgraded makes for some very close races. Back in F3 I would destroy the AI with my upgraded cars. It was boring and got old very quickly. This game however is always tence and fun. Yes I might have to restart some races but only because I messed up. If I race good, I win and that is how it should be.

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:18 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:For those of use that aren't always at the front of the pack, we see a variety of AI drivers as we have to move through the pack. Everything looks the same when you're looking back from the front.

It's especially noticeable in the R class races in the later seasons. I don't think I finished 2nd in a race until the 2nd to last season when I decided to give some of the R3-R1 races a try.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top