Indy 500

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Indy 500

Post by PootyPoo22 on Sun May 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Don't know if any of you watched it, but if you didn't you missed a gem. Easily the best Indy finish I've ever seen! So glad I got to be there again this year!

PootyPoo22
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PootyPoo22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Indy 500

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 on Tue May 31, 2011 2:09 am

I did watch it and the most boring spectacle in racing did at least give us a strange/exciting ending... still wish that JR Hildebrand won... would have been a great story for that kid to get the win... at least he still finished 2nd

Ironically... his sponsor "The Nation Guard" had the lead on the last lap TWICE that day...

Later in the night, at NASCAR's Coke 600, Dale Earnhardt Jr., also sporting the Nation Guard colors, was leading on the last lap, when going into turn 3, he ran out of gas. Jr. coasted across the line in 7th.

Between the GP of Monaco, the Indy 500, and the Coke 600 it was a pretty decent day of racing all around

Clan Member Since 11/11/04

S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Tue May 31, 2011 6:06 am

The Monaco GP was a bit of a let-down tbh, the rules regarding the changing of parts after a red flag really ruined what would have been a truly great ending. Can't really complain though, it's been a great season so far, despite Red Bull's dominance.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PootyPoo22 on Tue May 31, 2011 6:54 am

Wiggles if you think Indy is boring, you've obviously never been to see it live. I don't see how NASCAR fans can hate on the 500 when they can sit there (like yourself) and watch the Coke 600. Indy cars drive 500 miles in about an hour and a half less than stock cars drive 400 miles.

This year was particularly exciting because a rookie only lost by about 200 yards after blasting the wall. My brother and I honestly thought he still won the race. If Dan Wheldon had had to slow down at all because of the wreck, the kid would have won.

And I'll agree with epic as to the let down at Monaco. Pretty anticlimactic considering how exciting the first 65 or so laps were.

PootyPoo22
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PootyPoo22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe on Tue May 31, 2011 10:27 am

I agree with Pooty, Indy is more exciting than Nascar. Either way though, watching car races on a circular track is so d@mn boring.

Veteran Member Since August 2003

S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

View user profile http://sacredseven.prodiscussion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy on Tue May 31, 2011 11:13 am

Watching race cars go around a track is the same to me as counting sheep....I am asleep in like five minutes flat. It is a great Sunday afternoon sleep inducer.

S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

View user profile http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Tue May 31, 2011 4:27 pm

F1 is where it's at.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Tue May 31, 2011 4:33 pm

HaHa Security....Is that a "Dusty Rhodes"Avvie?

S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:57 am

PootyPoo22 wrote:Wiggles if you think Indy is boring, you've obviously never been to see it live. I don't see how NASCAR fans can hate on the 500 when they can sit there (like yourself) and watch the Coke 600. Indy cars drive 500 miles in about an hour and a half less than stock cars drive 400 miles.

For reference...
I'm not a "NASCAR Fan," I'm a racing fan... I personally raced for many years, my family has about 30 years in the sport between dirt and asphalt... so I have a little bit different perspective then you may think...
My viewership of live racing includes... the Indy 500, Brickyard 400, Daytona 500 (5 times), Watkins Glen (roughly 25 times between Busch, Cup, Trucks, ARCA, GT, Indy) and about 20 years of local tracks from both the fan/crew end of things... (also did some stuff at the road course in Limerock, Conn but not sure how to lump that in there)

I will be the first one to say NASCAR has problems...

[soapbox]
It starts with the cookie cutter 1.5-2.0 mile tracks... Chicago, Fontana, Michigan, Kansas, Las Vegas, etc... they're all awful... and I can't watch/stay awake thru a whole race there to save my life... getting rid of tracks like Rockingham, North Wilkesboro was the worst thing NASCAR could do... I understand the idea of expending and getting the West Coast following but it alienates the old school fans that helped to make the sport as big as it is today.

Let's just stop there for now.
[/soapbox]

Back to my actual point... I find it difficult to sit thru and enjoy racing where drivers regularly b1tch about being blocked, etc... It's just that whining attitude that seems to be overwhelming in open wheel racing... lawsuits over stealing designs and spies... he blocked me... he touched my car... he looked at me wrong... he's was within 20 feet when he passed me... Crying or Very sad

its racing... block, rub, don't be a little b1tch...

(does this apply to ALL open wheel races, no... there are some VERY entertaining tracks and races but my hatred for so many of the personalities makes it almost impossible to enjoy)

Clan Member Since 11/11/04

S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:14 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:HaHa Security....Is that a "Dusty Rhodes"Avvie?
Yep I saw this pic the other day and remembered as a kid watching him and Magnum TA wrestle. Don't ask me who the other guy in the pic is though because I couldn't say.

S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

View user profile http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top