The Official Insomniac Thread

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Official Insomniac Thread

Post by S7 SecurityGuy on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:20 am

It is like a train wreck I can't stop watching this guy make a fool of himself.

S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

View user profile http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:29 am

brutal, I could't even finish it, starcraft is the only game the tiny kid has

S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:30 pm

'The name's Starcraft, Edward Startcraft'.

*shoots self*

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:02 am

Just been watching TL Attack with WhiteRa as the guest. I paused halfway through so I could play some SC2 myself. Was crazy, my blink micro APM was averaging 120 and peaking at ~200. Also tried doing some High Templar stuff but having not played Protoss for ages, I was finding it hard to micro the initial engagement (throw up some guardian shields, FFs and then get the storms off before the HT's could be targeted down). I could consider a switch back to Protoss, not sure. Really depends on if I can get to grips with the micro or not. I changed to Terran pretty much purely for medivac drops, so... not sure. May just play both. It's not like ima go pro, so who cares. Besides, the S3 maps have a lot of ridges, so I could probably still abuse that with blink and maybe do a few zealot drops...

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm

And you can use Phoenixes then! Easily the most annoying unit if the player is good.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:52 pm

I think i've made like 4/5 phoenixes in my entire SC2 career, lol.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:58 pm

You should do a random 3v3 and only build phoenixes. It's hilarious.

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:43 pm

http://chrudat.com/caption-contest/caption-contest-pokeballs-bra

Gotta Catch Em' All.

S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Just had a little SC2 session. My first as a Protoss this season.

Went 2-1, so not too bad.

Game 1 - PvT - So, I scouted the guy whilst he was building his first depot, so, about 9 supply, then, he proceeds to expand without a single set of rax. All the while, I know i've already won. He eventually builds two rax and just pumps marauders but by this time, I have 16 zealots with charge, plus 7 stalkers and a sentry. I forcefield the ramp, destroy the expo then walk into his base and clear him out, losing only a single zealot.

Game 2 - PvZ - This was the loss. He early expo'd and I decided to tech to blink stalker. I now realise that I should have just either added and extra gate and gone for a large attack OR grabbed a second expo myself and turtled up. He had mass roach, lings and spinecrawler. It was a horrible engagement by me. I redeemed myself with some nice micro exploiting the map, warp-ins and my proxy pylon. However, I lost focus whilst macroing and lost my offensive force of stalkers. He'd already rallied his hatchs into my base and the first wave of roaches was enough to force the GG.

Game 3 - PvT - Once again, I scouted early and left a probe nearby. I saw he had grabbed gas early but not an early second. Also, he had no rax. Unfortunately, I assumed he was just crap, but no, he had proxied a rax with tech lab and I had reapers in my base. Luckily, my probe and zealot micro held until my stalker popped out and I only lost 4 probes. I now had a large advantage as his tech had been massively thrown off. So, I expanded into my natural and started teching to colossus , however, upon my Observer popping out, I saw that his only troops were two siege tanks, two reapers and a hellio. I had 12 zealots and 6 stalkers, so I pushed on his main and wrecked it. I expected to see a gg but instead, I saw a set of barracks floating off towards to left. I then realised he must have a hidden expo, so, since I had the advantage and I decided to head home and wait for my higher tech units to come out to increase my advantage even further, but whilst they were on their way, I scouted and saw that he only had two rax and only marines in bunkers, bunkers that were spaced near to his ramp, so I flanked from a different ramp, destoryed a bunker in production, then simply walked past the full bunkers and into his main where he had 3 marines there. GG!!! Having watched the replay, it appears he intended to contain me with a bunker and a reaper, though he neglected to scout the base beforehand, lol. So, I guess he kinda felt forced to expo.

Anywhoooo..... will probably just do more games v AI later. Not exactly the hardest but it's xp nonetheless and there's less pressure than when I'm laddering, so I can experiment more.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:42 pm

So last night was my first raid with my new WoW guild.

This guild is ranked #75 US, and #266 World.

It's a huge step up for me, considering I had been in semi-hardcore raiding guilds until now. And even then, the term hardcore is used so wholly to describe this new guild, that to say that my previous guild was "Semi-hardcore" seems to be giving them too much credit.

It's an extra day of raiding a week (4 days), but this is going to be worth it. In 3 hours last night, we cleared 6/7 hard mode bosses. We even called raid early so that we can put a full night in on the last boss tonight.

The amount and precision of communication and just seeing everyone preform their roles correctly and the accountability that each person has a job to do. To see it all mesh together so seamlessly is AWESOME.

Case in point, last night we did Beth'tilac. My job was to intercept these adds which explode on contact, so that they don't explode in the raid stack. At the same time, I have to solo DPS down waves of spiderlings. This was the first time I've done this encounter successfully, and I did my job as I had tried to do in my previous guild, but here I had NO problem. I preformed my job, and the people doing similar jobs around the encounter area all did theirs, and I had a healer paying attention to me so it allowed me and others to get the job done. It was incredible. We downed the boss with ease.

I was timid about coming into this guild because it's so highly ranked and I wasn't sure I could stack up. Now I know that I am definitely home, and I can hang at world class level. This makes me feel good.

S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:52 pm

You should totally pull a Leroy Jenkins during your next raid. That would be epic!

Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:55 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:You should totally pull a Leroy Jenkins during your next raid. That would be epic!

and would get him kicked out of the guild lol!!!!

DO IT!!!!!!!!!! and come back to xbox

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:34 am

Enjoying the last moments of freedom before massive amounts of studying and homework consumes me. My goal getting all B's and higher

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." James Dean

S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

View user profile http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:34 am

Just finished some late night COD with the gang. We played domo witch can be pretty boring as even when we all go negative on KDR we win by a million points, but it is always cool when you are playing with a great bunch of guys like Mr. teamwork Coolhand Luke, Leaving Las Vegas Glock, Master Middy, Up all Knight Owl, and "Let's Raise the Stakes" Droopy McCool. Good times and a solid reminder why S7 is not just a clan but a brotherhood. Thanks for the games guys!

~mrmiller

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:36 am

Repost. Copy-paste from my tumblr. Christ, I'm mixing up words so that means it's time for sleep (5:39 am, I'm supposed to be awake at 8:30)

Every once in a while I have a night where I just canít sleep. My mind just keeps hitting on though after thought, unrelentingly. I stay up for hours just tooling around.

Then there are nights like tonight.

These nights carry that same manic feeling that insomnia brings, and add in a twist of feverish illness induced introspection. I spend the night in a sweat, body aching and face gaunt. I start questioning my place in my own life as if Iím a fly on the wall in my own world, master and creator and insignificant fly all at once. But I donít really ďstartĒ in the sense that I definitively had a beginning to thinking about it. It feels more like Iím just picking up a conversation without pause and as the most natural thing ever. I justÖ think.
And there comes a time during this funk where, body aching and mind racing, I reach some greater truth or some grand revelation or maybe the thought of what Iíd eat for lunch tomorrow breaks my concentration and suddenly Iím no longer tripping on a self induced psychoanalysis bit but instead a moment of clarity arrives where I understand what the next step is that I should take to be happy with who I am.

So I started a Tumblr.

Having never owned a Tumblr before, this can technically be classified as a successful product of my intense spiritual-insomnia session. Maybe I decided that I needed a place to collect my thoughts when I have nowhere else to scream?

Whatever the case,
Hello.

S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:31 am

I was hoping that was was going to be a rap that you had written and were in the process of recording. What a freakin\' disappointment! Cheers, Joe!

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Obviously not late, but I joined a faceook "petition" group for Chromehounds 2. Somehow it turned into a team of pile-rushers trying to tell me they were pro because leaderboards matter more than tournaments. Lol.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Just got home from the college. Had an interview for a multi-subject tutoring position with a Computer Lab side position.

It went really well.

S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:37 pm

That awkward moment when your classmates legitimately think that you "Summit" a paper instead of "Submit" -ing it.

S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:32 pm

LOL, almost choked on my sammich...that I got from Sumway.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:04 am

Haven't posted here since I got up to Berkeley. I don't have my Xbox on me but I'm probably going to grab it when I head back down to OC for Thanksgiving. I can't miss out on SKYRIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, just busy working on all my d@mn engineering courses, and hopefully going to land a paid research position in the nuclear engineering laboratories Very Happy

Veteran Member Since August 2003

S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

View user profile http://sacredseven.prodiscussion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:41 am

So... can I borrow your xbox until then?

It was an okay night. Got into a bit of a... thing with the girlfriend, but we wound down with some Doctor Who and thai food.

Lots to do tomorrow. Christ, actually be on top of school and family is time consuming. Not really stressful (and no where near as stressful as when you're playing catchup with EVERYTHING AT ONCE), but still time consuming.

S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:08 pm

... sigh ...
My brother convinced me to try LoL. Somehow it's actually entertaining.

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Gay.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:09 pm

I know. I went from making fun of my bro daily for playing WoW and LoL to actually having a tough choice between LoL and SC2. It's a very confusing time for me... Mad

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:33 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next