razer making headset

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by S7 Sticky on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm

with the amount of hours i but it a game i cant afford to buy crap lol

plus i like wireless


_________________

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2008-11-10
Age : 28
Location : El Paso Tx
GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:43 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:with the amount of hours i but it a game i cant afford to buy crap lol

plus i like wireless


Uh, you must be drinking again because that at face value makes absolutely no sense. But knowing how to translate the language of drunken stupor I understand what you were really saying. Plus I like wired. lol I'll still be your gunner Stucky <---- What a Face

S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1079
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 42
Location : Perris, Ca
GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by S7 mrmiller on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:27 pm

The argument for "fake" vs. "real" surround when you are talking headphones is silly. You only have two ears, so how does your brain know where the sound comes from. Most audiophiles will agree the larger speakers in the simulated surround sound provide superior audio and surround effect than the multiple small speakers in a multi-speaker headset (aka- real surround). As with all things, it what sounds better to you- do not be swayed by the marketing.

What is the lag on a wireless controller vs. a wired controller? Is it noticeable for those who have used both?

~mrmiller

_________________

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 6123
Join date : 2008-03-19
Location : Oklahoma
GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by S7 Sticky on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:34 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:The argument for "fake" vs. "real" surround when you are talking headphones is silly. You only have two ears, so how does your brain know where the sound comes from. Most audiophiles will agree the larger speakers in the simulated surround sound provide superior audio and surround effect than the multiple small speakers in a multi-speaker headset (aka- real surround). As with all things, it what sounds better to you- do not be swayed by the marketing.

What is the lag on a wireless controller vs. a wired controller? Is it noticeable for those who have used both?

~mrmiller

most normal gamers wont notice any at all but for the hardcore gamers yes there is a lag in the wireless controller
plus wired is more comfortable (for marathon gaming) as you dont have that battery back in your way. yet another reason why when i go to tourneys or like lans i bring all wired stuff

_________________

Clan Founder

S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2008-11-10
Age : 28
Location : El Paso Tx
GamerTag : S7 Sticky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by S7 Epic on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:49 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:
S7 mrmiller wrote:The argument for "fake" vs. "real" surround when you are talking headphones is silly. You only have two ears, so how does your brain know where the sound comes from. Most audiophiles will agree the larger speakers in the simulated surround sound provide superior audio and surround effect than the multiple small speakers in a multi-speaker headset (aka- real surround). As with all things, it what sounds better to you- do not be swayed by the marketing.

What is the lag on a wireless controller vs. a wired controller? Is it noticeable for those who have used both?

~mrmiller

most normal gamers wont notice any at all but for the hardcore gamers yes there is a lag in the wireless controller
plus wired is more comfortable (for marathon gaming) as you dont have that battery back in your way. yet another reason why when i go to tourneys or like lans i bring all wired stuff

Just so you know, the Onza is currently banned from MLG events.

There's a little bit of lag, about 15ms (I think), so it's not much but it can be the difference. Buttons themselves are also mechanical, so they have faster response time too, even versus a wired MS controller.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3130
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 28
Location : Leeds, UK
GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by Atrum on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:25 pm

I always notice wireless vs wired on halo. Even if you can't notice it it will probably have an effect on your shot.
The Onza is banned by MLG because it has extra programmable buttons, which MLG could not check everyone for. It's kind of funny because Razer is now using that as a big part of their marketing "Too good for competitions".

The big differences:
-Mechanical buttons
-Programmable buttons
-Quality

The MS wired controllers have been notorious for shipping with big issues. I usually have to buy 3+ to find one that has good thumb sticks and buttons that don't stick. I've always just taken the controller apart and used the various pieces I liked from all the wired controllers I buy. It will be nice to finally have a controller I can just buy and know it will perform.

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7824
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:48 pm

On the fake vs real being that I have both oh yes you do notice the big difference in direction because of where they place the speakers. They always point me in the right direction and there's a switch allowing you to put a delay on some of the speakers so if something in the distance explodes you hear where and provides a little more realism. Real surround sound makes a big difference again I have both types.

S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1079
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 42
Location : Perris, Ca
GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by S7 Interseptor on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:01 pm

I think that directionally, it makes a big difference. But I think the sound quality it better with bigger speakers, which is kinda what Miller was getting at.

_________________
"Console A sucks! Console B is way better and never has problems!
I don't know how to build a cheap PC that out performs both! Rabble rabble!!"


Current PS4 Games: Dirt, Paragon, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3
Current Clan Rank: Clan Adviser
Clan Founder (aka DarkHorse)

S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Posts : 8540
Join date : 2008-03-21
Age : 37
Location : Kosciusko, MS
GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:09 pm

I don't understand the bigger speakers thing...my headphones speakers are small, they have 4 small speakers in each ear cup, my other ones just 1 in each ear cup. They are positioned strategically to produce the surround sound experience and thereby allowing precise directional assistance. <---lol And my response is the contrast between simulated and authentic surround sound...and based on my experience there is a difference and advantage.

S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 1079
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 42
Location : Perris, Ca
GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by S7 Epic on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:57 pm

The louder you have your speakers, the better they are. Fact.

So, sound quality being equal, the best ones are the ones with the highest tolerable wattage.

S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Posts : 3130
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 28
Location : Leeds, UK
GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by S7 Uncle Charles on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:39 am

S7 Epic wrote:The louder you have your speakers, the better they are. Fact.

So, sound quality being equal, the best ones are the ones with the highest tolerable wattage.
Epic is correct....I don't use stereo head phones though I would like to get a pair but....being a musician and around sound systems my whole life the fact of the matter is....The higher the wattage means...yes you can turn them up louder without distortion but also you can turn them down low and retain the quality of the sound. Whenever buying a stereo it's how low you can go....not how loud you can go and keep the quality.

_________________

S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 2105
Join date : 2008-03-26
Age : 53
Location : Xperts Mom's House
GamerTag : Uncle Charles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by Atrum on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Got this email a few days back:

Hello Isaiah,



Thank you for pre-ordering the Razer Onza Tournament Edition (TE).



As you’re reading this, the Onza TEs are on their way over to our warehouses and are expected to start shipping out soon.

However, demand for the Razer Onza TE has been nothing short of mind-blowing, and we will have to fulfill pre-orders in systematic batches, shipping as many as we can every single day. Please bear with us while that happens, we guarantee your Razer Onza TE will be in as soon as humanely possible without us breaking out the whips on our warehouse minions (barely).



A shipment notification with tracking* information will be emailed to you as soon as your order is shipped. We expect all pre-orders to be shipped out within the next 3 weeks.


If you’d like to cancel your order, please email our customer care team at orders@razerzone.com and we’ll get it sorted out.


Thank you for shopping with us.

_________________

Clan History: R6 Vegas XO, Chromehounds XO, GoW 1 GC, Homefront XO, GoW 3 GC, Halo 4 GC, COD Ghosts Warrant Officer
***Pwning OC since 2/5/2006

Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Posts : 7824
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 27
Location : Spokane, WA
GamerTag : AtrumX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: razer making headset

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:12 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum