~Vick 2.0~

:: General :: Sports

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

~Vick 2.0~

Post by S7 Chippy on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:35 pm

If your a philly Fan you gotta be loving this guy right now!!!

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://video.google.com/videoplay%3Fdocid%3D424002883666007723&rct=j&sa=X&ei=I8qfTN3rFZS-sAOdnfXVAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CBkQuAIwAg&q=michael+vick+experience+commercial&usg=AFQjCNECWehy8_qC5bm3knFjR3J0mSwgEg

S7 Chippy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : KChippy PSN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~Vick 2.0~

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:38 am

Not a Vick fan (nothing to do with the off the field stuff)...just never a Falcon nor Philly fan-- but yeah, he still got it.

S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:19 am

He's still a scumbag to me... never like him on the field or off...

just waiting for some team to throw a ton of $ at him in the off-season to solve all their QB problems only to realize he's still not the answer to anything just a temporary fix or complete waste of money

Clan Member Since 11/11/04

S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:04 am

Totally disagree. His awesome athletic ability makes him a dual threat, and this latest incarnation (the Kolb replacement) looks very poised in the pocket. What he did was terrible, but he paid his debt to society and that is good enough for me. Justice was served.

He also paded my fantasy stats by 41 points, so yeah I'm happy. His stat line yesterday was:
291 passing yards, 3 passing TDs, 0 interceptions,
30 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD

I don't see why the Eagles would want to let him get away. He balled up in week 2 off the bench, and now this one... we'll see what he can do in week 4. Can he be consistant?

S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Magus on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:14 pm

He was sick yesterday. Looks better than ever.

S7 Magus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Magus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:39 pm

I think it's kind of petty and small minded to hold something against a person even after they've served what we as a civilized society deem to be a substantial amount of time for that crime. That's why we have laws right? (also why we don't allow double jeopardy).

Double Jeopardy - The prosecution of a defendant for a criminal offense for which he has already been tried; prohibited in the fifth amendment to the United States Constitution

Why not just throw everyone away forever no matter what they did and or gas chamber everyone. What then when you, or your loved ones find themselves in a jam? From now on should you never be allowed to work? Or support your family doing the thing you did before prison? Be realistic!

[/soap box]

And I still don't even like the guy...LOL

S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:49 pm

I'll take "Overcoming the Odds" for a thousand, Alex.

S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:43 pm

This video has him on the falcons wow that is old

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." James Dean

S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

View user profile http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:19 am

I've never been a Vick fan. Even though he's playing well now, back in the day, I thought he got way too much hype, especially for someone with such a low passer rating and completion stats. Plus, I'm still a little irritated that after the Bucs Super Bowl season, when Derrick Brooks was a monster all season and during the Super Bowl, Vick, who played 1/2 a season with mediocre stats got all the attention and then the Madden cover. Why because of hype. Just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Klown, I have to disagree with you a little on your position regarding his criminal activity and serving time. it depends on the crime. We're not talking about stealing a car or dealing drugs. What he did was sick, and very twisted. I mean to kill dogs like that is just sick behavior and puts you on a different level than other people. Cold blooded murderers and molesters serve their time, but I still don't like them, nor do I think they get a completely free pass. Killing dogs is definitely NOT like murdering a person or molesting kids, but it's still sick and your wires have to be a little crossed to do something like that. I just think you need to keep one eye on someone like that.

Service Record Overall: Halo 2 Spartan Division Leader, CoD2 GC, CoD3 GC
Current Clan Rank: Major General
Clan Founder

S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

View user profile http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:01 am

I understand your position J, but seriously when is enough enough? He did time, came back and seems to be a productive citizen in society (whatever that means for a pro athlete). Rolling Eyes Got married, has kids and is just trying to better himself as a person and father.

It is a sick thing and something I'd never even knew was an organized event. That's really "underground" stuff. But he said he's sorry, lost $ millions $, lost time, lost dignity, endorsements, respect, etc. At some point you know what...give the guy a d@mn break for gods sake!

S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:57 am

I never liked Vick, but I have always loved watching him play and that hasn't changed over the years.

Klown- I know where you're coming from and I would normally take that stance, but the dude really hasn't lost much. He still has millions of dollars and millions of fans, a hell of a lot more than I do and I'm a d@mn good person. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for second chances and though it was a terrible crime, I still believe he deserved another shot in the NFL, but he shouldn't have multiple Lamborghinis. It's not like he got out of jail and is heading back to the coal mines, he's out there living everyone's dream. Until he throws enough money to charity to the point where he actually has to struggle even the tiniest bit, I'll have no respect for him off the field.

Veteran Member Since August 2003

S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

View user profile http://sacredseven.prodiscussion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Chippy on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:14 am

Wow Thanks for all the comments guys...Being an Eagles Fan I am supporting vick right now...I Believe in Second Chances and he did pay for the Crime and did his Time...He is on the Road to Redemption and he is playing great...I think us as people and Americans shouldnt Judge What he did only God... But I still have that part of me that as for everyone has it you judge at some point in Life.......I know we havent played a real team yet but Green bay was tough i give Vick a lot of Credit for almost winning the game...But Our real test is Dallas not the Skins...I have a good chance that We are going to beat the skins because Mcnabb has not done anything in Washington ....But well see...Dallas is going to be the Team we will prove that the games with vick were not just luck.

S7 Chippy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : KChippy PSN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:16 am

S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:millions of fans

The 6 Most Hated Athletes in American Sports
1) Michael Vick <--- Clearly there is a reason for this
2) Tiger Woods
3) Terrell Owens
4) Chad Ochocinco
5) Kobe Bryant
6) LeBron James

S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe on Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 am

You cannot tell me that Tiger Woods doesn't have more fans than anyone else on the PGA Tour. Or Kobe Bryant doesn't have more fans than even another superstar like Dwayne Wade, especially when he plays in a city that worships him and has a population of around 15 million.

Love him or hate him, Vick has an insane amount of fans. I personally do not know a single person who isn't a fan of his ON THE FIELD play; he is by far the most exciting QB out there. Like I mentioned earlier, I feel he should be doing much more off the field to at least try to make up for what he did, but no matter what, I'm an NFL fan and I'm a fan of Vick the QB.

Veteran Member Since August 2003

S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

View user profile http://sacredseven.prodiscussion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:40 am

Just an FYI... these poll results are from a week BEFORE he took over the starting job in Philly... i would like to see it now...

S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:22 am

Shocked Wait...what?
What the hell did Tiger do? Unless you're his wife, how is this your beef?
Seriously??? I don't remember anyone hating Bill Clinton like that, and he controlled the nuclear codes for god's sake. Tiger hits a d@mn golf ball...so who cares what he does besides his wife!

S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:47 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Shocked Wait...what?
What the hell did Tiger do? Unless you're his wife, how is this your beef?
Seriously??? I don't remember anyone hating Bill Clinton like that, and he controlled the nuclear codes for god's sake. Tiger hits a d@mn golf ball...so who cares what he does besides his wife!

Obviously all the people who voted in the poll- LOL! Plus, I can promise you if you ask that same question to a group of men vs. a group of women, you will get different answers (and probably assualted- LOL).

Iím with you on the whole Celebrity thing- why do so many people care? Honestly I think the reason soap operas on TV are in decline is because so many people are obsessed with the Paris Hiltons and Lindsay Lohans of the word where that is there soap opera.

~mrmiller

~mrmiller

We are a brotherhood bound by honor, our strength is in our numbers, we are S7!
*General Disclaimer- I can't type or spell
Clan Founder

S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:35 pm

LOL, you're probably right. But having a couple model chicks on the side now ranks up there second only to brutally killing animals? Something is wrong with this world for sure!

S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:06 am

J:\ Who the F. was derrick brooks?

The dude is killing. I can't wait to see what he does Sunday. I haven't been a fan before but he's adding to the excitement now without having a negative passing impact.

S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:09 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:J:\ Who the F. was derrick brooks?

SLAP! I'm taking the "Cool" out of Coolhand. From now on, I will only refer to you as Hand.

Derrick Brooks is arguably one of the best players to ever play the Linebacker position. He started 221 of 224 games, recording 1,698 tackles, 13.5 sacks, 25 interceptions, and six touchdowns. He was selected to the Pro Bowl 11 times, including 10 straight from 1997 to 2006, was an All-Pro nine times, was the AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2002, and led the team to the franchise's first Super Bowl win in Super Bowl XXXVII.

For more info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Brooks

Vick has never accomplished anything comparable to this in his career, and I doubt ever will. Yet, the hype machine has started one again. I guess that's my biggest pet peeve with Vick...the hype. Sure he's gifted athletically, but he's a mediocre QB who has played well against poor defenses (Detroit and Jacksonville). This is the 1st time he's gotten over 60% pass completion in his career, he usually averages in the high 50 percentile.

I wish everyone (aka the Media) would wait and see how he's doing deeper into the season. If he still has great numbers after playing quality teams, then I'll be impressed and give him his due. Until then, Michael Vick can kiss my ENTIRE ass! LOL...Yeah, I'm hatin', what?!

Clan Founder

S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:28 am

S7 Jwriter wrote:Michael Vick can kiss my ENTIRE ass!

LOL....The guys and I were talking, and we're wondering if you can tell us how you really feel about Mike Vick? Rolling Eyes
Jeez!

S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
S7 Jwriter wrote:Michael Vick can kiss my ENTIRE ass!

LOL....The guys and I were talking, and we're wondering if you can tell us how you really feel about Mike Vick? Rolling Eyes
Jeez!

I actually had to amend that statement and tone it down from what I initially intended to say...LOL...That guy is the very definition of overrated! At least you know who Derrick Brooks is. Unlike Mr. Hand up there!

Clan Founder

S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:19 pm

well, looks like you got your wish - banged up ribs = no Vick for a while. On the completion stat... I think he practiced throwing the ball in the yard at the pen.
J, so why are we comparing a QB and linebacker? apples and oranges. But yeah Vick has not accomplished anything yet. I do think he has a lot of athletic ability and a desire to win. Maybe jail changed his ethics. Only time will tell, but let's not be haters just to be the opposite of the cockgobblers that praise him all the time. I hope he recovers from his injuries and can take the Eagles to a high level. My point is he is exciting and fun to watch. Unfortunately his style puts him in some bad situations where he can get injured.

S7 Coolhand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:22 am

if you cant tell... i'm playing the world's smallest violin for Vick and his sore ribs...

S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 am

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:i'm playing the world's smallest violin
Shocked The one in your pants?

S7 K1ll3rKlown